H9 Wish: level control knob on the hardware

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Wish: level control knob on the hardware

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bodde
      Participant

I wish there was a seperate control/knob on the hardware for the total patch output level.

In live situations you sometimes have to adjust the volume level of the patch (I don’t mean the mix but the overal level of the patch). Now this can only be accessed throught the software if I am correct? This is not very practical live when you want to adjust the level on the fly and are not hooked up to the sofware. 

Or is there another way to do this (without expression pedal)? and can the level be assigned to one of the little XYZ knobs? or maybe the hotswitch? How do you guys deal with this?

gkellum
      Participant
      bodde wrote:

I wish there was a seperate control/knob on the hardware for the total patch output level.

You should be able to do this by pressing long pressing the left footswitch and going to preset output gain; that brings up a set of special preset specific system parameters like preset output gain, routing modes, etc.  While holding the left footswitch, pressing the big black wheel cycles you through these parameters.  Turning the big, black wheel changes the parameter value.

Bodde
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

bodde wrote:

You should be able to do this by pressing long pressing the left footswitch and going to preset output gain; that brings up a set of special preset specific system parameters like preset output gain, routing modes, etc.  While holding the left footswitch, pressing the big black wheel cycles you through these parameters.  Turning the big, black wheel changes the parameter value.

ok thanks! Didn’t know that. It seems a bit impractical though if you have to scroll through parameters when you want to adjust the level quickly on the fly. Would be better (for me) if there was a seperate level knob or if it could be assigned to an XYZ knob. But I have to try it.

gkellum
        Participant
        bodde wrote:

ok thanks! Didn't know that. It seems a bit impractical though if you have to scroll through parameters when you want to adjust the level quickly on the fly. Would be better (for me) if there was a seperate level knob or if it could be assigned to an XYZ knob. But I have to try it.

I agree.  It would be better if Preset Output Gain were available along with the other paramters as well under the XYZ buttons.

Bodde
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

I agree.  It would be better if Preset Output Gain were available along with the other paramters as well under the XYZ buttons.

Do you think that is possible for future updates? I am not sure if I really need the other parameters but output gain under the XYZ buttons would be very handy. That’s something I really miss in a live situation.

dagjonas

Or maybe one could assign any parameter wanted from the H9 Control to f.ex. the Hotknob? A button I don’t use.

h9-nz

Alternatively or additionally, I would like the output level in H9 Control to be assignable to expression pedal.

gkellum
        Participant
        h9-nz wrote:
        Alternatively or additionally, I would like the output level in H9 Control to be assignable to expression pedal.

This is already supported.  In H9 Control in the presets screen, if you look under the More menu, there is an option to assign the output level to the expression pedal.  You can also globally assign the expression level to the output level for all presets under Pedal / General Settings.  You can do this on the H9 as well.  Instructions for doing that are in the latest version of the H9 manual.

h9-nz
        gkellum wrote:
        h9-nz wrote:

This is already supported.  In H9 Control in the presets screen, if you look under the More menu, there is an option to assign the output level to the expression pedal.  You can also globally assign the expression level to the output level for all presets under Pedal / General Settings.  You can do this on the H9 as well.  Instructions for doing that are in the latest version of the H9 manual.

Does that override existing expression pedal assignments though? I would like to add output level changes to other parameter changes, for example: in Crushstation have the expression pedal control gain from 15-30 and output volume from 0dB to +6dB at the same time.

gkellum
        Participant
        h9-nz wrote:

Does that override existing expression pedal assignments though?

No.  If used on a per preset basis, you can also use other expression pedal assignments.

h9-nz wrote:

I would like to add output level changes to other parameter changes, for example: in Crushstation have the expression pedal control gain from 15-30 and output volume from 0dB to +6dB at the same time.

Oh, well that it doesn't do.  It doesn't give you an assignable range of output volume.  It goes from silence to full output volume over the range of the expression pedal.

h9-nz
        h9-nz wrote:

I would like to add output level changes to other parameter changes, for example: in Crushstation have the expression pedal control gain from 15-30 and output volume from 0dB to +6dB at the same time.

Oh, well that it doesn't do.  It doesn't give you an assignable range of output volume.  It goes from silence to full output volume over the range of the expression pedal.

[/quote]
        This would be very useful, for me anyway. In H9 Control it would be great to have the output volume slider able to be set min and max expression pedal values like all the other knobs.

snakle
        h9-nz wrote:
        gkellum wrote:

h9-nz wrote:

Does that override existing expression pedal assignments though? I would like to add output level changes to other parameter changes, for example: in Crushstation have the expression pedal control gain from 15-30 and output volume from 0dB to +6dB at the same time.

This is exactly what I’m trying to do but I can’t figure it out. Has this feature been added yet? The new Fuzz effects can get extremely loud very quickly so I’d like to be able to do this with my expression peda as I go from 0 to 100:

• Go from 0 to 3 AMT
        • Increase delay level slightly
        • Reduce Output volume

Otherwise I have no practical use for an expression pedal on this preset… everything just becomes tooooo loud.

h9-nz

Also, apologies to the OP for diverting his topic. However, if he has no expression pedal, the hotswitch performs the same function. Cheers.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.