H9 with an expression control and a footswitch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 with an expression control and a footswitch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      akirabass
      Participant

Hi, this is my first post to the forum.  I would like to control my H9 with an expression pedal but I would also like to switch the tuner on and off using one footswitch instead of stepping on the active and the tap switch of H9 simultaneously which is a bit tricky.

I realize that Mission Engineering offers SP-H9 expression pedal which allows to connect a footswitch.  But I would like to make the expression control and the footswitch into one unit that can be connected to H9 using a single TRS cable.  I don’t need an expression “pedal” and a foot control in that Scott Henderson’s volume control style is good enough for my purpose.

So, I figured this schematics and would like to know if it would work.  Any inputs from the experts here would be appreciated!

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Are you trying to build a expresion pedal on your own?

Why not just get the Mission Engineering SP-H9? It has a built-in footswitch which can be assigned to Toggle Tuner. You don't need to connect to an extra auxiliary footswitch.

akirabass
      Participant

And here is the result.

camn
      Participant

thats hot

akirabass
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Are you trying to build a expresion pedal on your own?

Why not just get the Mission Engineering SP-H9? It has a built-in footswitch which can be assigned to Toggle Tuner. You don’t need to connect to an extra auxiliary footswitch.

Hi, Bohan,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I’m trying to built an expression/footswitch pedal on my own because I don’t need that bulky wah-wah-style pedal and don’t need to operate the expression control like I do on a wah pedal.

Another problem of the built-in switch of SP-H9 is that you should end up setting the pedal to the fully toe-down position whenever you activate the tuner.  I will mostly use the expression control to set the rate of the modulation effect on-the-fly.  So, again, a wah-style pedal is not ideal.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      akirabass wrote:

Hi, Bohan,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I'm trying to built an expression/footswitch pedal on my own because I don't need that bulky wah-wah-style pedal and don't need to operate the expression control like I do on a wah pedal.

You should wire tip to expression pedal and ring to your aux switch. You also need to set H9's EXP PDL setting to [EXP+AUX].

akirabass
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

akirabass wrote:

Hi, Bohan,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I’m trying to built an expression/footswitch pedal on my own because I don’t need that bulky wah-wah-style pedal and don’t need to operate the expression control like I do on a wah pedal.

You should wire tip to expression pedal and ring to your aux switch. You also need to set H9’s EXP PDL setting to [EXP+AUX].

Thank you!  So, my initial schematics seems to work!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.