H9 with expression pedal and 3-button possible?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 with expression pedal and 3-button possible?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Boynigel
      Participant

i’d love to be able to use a 3-way foot switch simultaneously with an expression pedal.  is there any workaround that would allow these two to work together?  right now i’m using an expression pedal with a footswitch that only lets me scroll in one direction which is a huge compromise.

if i can’t use a 3-way simultaneously with an expression pedal, could i use the expression pedal in combination with say, a Tech 21 MIDI Mouse which is essentially a 3-way, minus the hot button?

i simply can’t navigate my presets efficiently with single-direction scrolling, and i don’t want to give up the expression pedal to gain preset scrolling efficiency that comes with a 3-way foot switch.

any other alternatives i haven’t thought of?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H9 has a combined AUX/EXP input, which limits you to either 3 switches or a pedal and one switch.

If (as you do) want more that this, I'd recommend MIDI switches or pedals.

Boynigel
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

The H9 has a combined AUX/EXP input, which limits you to either 3 switches or a pedal and one switch.

If (as you do) want more that this, I'd recommend MIDI switches or pedals.

So I can keep my existing expression pedal and just add a midi switcher for scrolling?

camn
      Participant

yup. I use a Disaster Are DMC-3XL midi controller, for example.

br193
      Participant

how can the controller on the eventide site have two switches and one exp input? i would like to build something like that (not so overpriced)

gkellum
        Participant
        br193 wrote:

how can the controller on the eventide site have two switches and one exp input? 

You mean the Barn3 OX9? You can either use the two switches without an expression pedal or you can use one switch with an expression pedal.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.