H9 with Marshall jvm fx loop

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 with Marshall jvm fx loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mcdookus

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone is using H9 with the Marshall JVM. I own a martial JVM410C and I tried H95 serial and parallel loop. The serial loop is too hot for the h9 and in the parallel loop ( set to 100% wet) I have to keep the channel vols Down to prevent clipping. The trouble is, when playing at gig volume, it sounds like someone's chucked a duvet over the amp and makes it sound muffled. My tc nova system sounds great in the loop at volume but I'm having trouble with the h9. Any other users have any advice??

many thanks

luke

I may be able to help you as I have a JVM410H and modfactor, timefactor and space in its loop.

JVM's channel volumes act as send levels on the fx loop and especially when in +4db mode they are pretty hot when channel volumes are above 5 (noon) causing the eventides even in line mode to clip and thus to sound "weird".

The solution is to use them in -10db in fx loop, guitar level in eventide (i don't know if there is a switch in H9) and channel level in 5 (noon) so that the input level eventide sees is optimal (in eventides meter is at about 70% and does not clip even with the hottest guitar pickups as Anderson h3+).

It is a well documented "feature" of the JVM and if you go to JVMforum you wiil see more examples with other pedals, and even many pro rack systems, that have the same problem.

Hope i helped!

Stelios

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.