H9 with Prophet-6 midilearn?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 with Prophet-6 midilearn?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      theohjorth

Hi,

I recently bought a H9 Max to make my Prophet-6 (and my NS3) sound even more cool! 

Ive tried to google the case, but as far as I can see there is no midi learn feature in the app? It would be nice to be able to control fx the size of the room with a knob on my Prophet-6 or NS3.

Are there any way to do it, or am I forced to use the iPad/iPhone or the wheel on the H9? 🙂

Thanks in advance,

And merry Christmas!

Theo

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      theohjorth wrote:

I recently bought a H9 Max to make my Prophet-6 (and my NS3) sound even more cool! 

Ive tried to google the case, but as far as I can see there is no midi learn feature in the app? It would be nice to be able to control fx the size of the room with a knob on my Prophet-6 or NS3.

Are there any way to do it, or am I forced to use the iPad/iPhone or the wheel on the H9? 🙂

You can map any parameter or the Ribbon/Expression/Macro whatever you call it to a MIDI CC message. You just need to figure out what MIDI CC meesage that knobs sends, and map that CC message. 

theohjorth

Cool thanks! 

A note to the Eventide – this setting is very buggy. When I go to change the channel and goes back, it most of the time havent changed. Sometimes it works, but I dont know what makes the differnce.. A bit annoying if I want to change them once in a while when changing between what synth Im using it with.. 🙂

theohjorth

Another great feature would be to be able to save MIDI settings, so I could have a set for my NS3 and another one for my Prophet-6, so I would be able to load the mappings fitting to which one Im using 🙂

camn
      Participant

Ive noticed the bugginess with setting MIDI PC or CC assignments, as well. 

I found it works a little more reliably if I set it…wait a LONG beat… then back out of the screen.

If I back out too fast it doesn catch, or something.

camn
      Participant

Last time I fooled with that stuff was actually on iOs.
      It might just be, like, communication delay? Like it has to ping the pedal, tell it the new setting, get a confirmation?

It was only really bothersome to me when I was wholesale changing a ton of settings… Specifically all the mIDI PC settings to match preset numbers 🙂 now I just wait a beat. Make sure it stuck.

brock
      Participant
      camn wrote:

Ive noticed the bugginess with setting MIDI PC or CC assignments, as well. 

I found it works a little more reliably if I set it…wait a LONG beat… then back out of the screen.

If I back out too fast it doesn catch, or something.

Windows build?  I’ve seen exactly that for several H9 Control versions now.  AUX switch settings exhibit the same behavior.  I’m sure I reported that, at some point.  If you wait long enough, you can often see the set assignment revert back to its previous setting.  It’s as if the default values don’t want to “unstick”.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.