H9 with SPDIF

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 with SPDIF

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnSilver
      Participant

Hello,

Is there a way to upgrade H9 to SPDIF input and outputs? I would like to use multiple h9s without increasing the latency.
      Is there any future model with this upgrade, or a mod to upgrade today’s h9?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry, the H9 has no possible SPDIF options – we'd like it to, for the reasons you mention, but it does not.

Obviously, cannot discuss future products, but their features will be influenced by user demand.

JohnSilver
      Participant

If I use a parallel loop to reduce latency with kill dry on, what is the effect of the mix level? Can I still set specific mix level on each preset for wetter or dryer without affecting the general tone? Or is it always fixed at 50% dry 50% wet in a parallel loop?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If killdry is on, the MIX control becomes a "wet level" control, meaning it controls the level of the effect output. The combination of this with the dry signal from the parallel loop gives you a "wet/dry" mix.

JohnSilver
      Participant

Thanks a lot.
      With kill dry on,
      To avoid any comb filtering and phase cancellation issues,
      Should I use parallel loop only for reverbs and delay algorithms (included modulated delays/reverbs)?
      Does pure modulations algorithms should NOT be used in parallel loop?
      That’s very important topic ty

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As you point out, there is a risk of comb filtering or phase cancellation issues with undelayed digital signals in a parallel loop. In many cases this will be masked by the effect itself.

So, as with any effect, try it and see how it works.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.