H9 Won’t Pair

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Won’t Pair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      JES
      Participant

Hi,

I just called phone support and was very disappointed that they wouldn’t patch me through to a live human being, given that I just spent a whackload of money on a brand new H9 Max that doesn’t work. A $700 device should work out of the box, and if it doesn’t, I should be able to talk to a person during regular business hours.

So I am posting here.

I cannot connect my H9 to the H9 Control app on my iPhone or iPad, both of which are running the latest version of iOS and H9 control.  Here’s what I have tried:

1. Unplugging the H9 and restarting it.

2. Turning bluetooth on and off on the H9.

3. Plugging the adapter directly into the wall instead of a power strip since your H9Control support document says bluetooth pairing can be finicky and may require full power on the adapter. (following directions here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Product+Manuals/H9ControlManual.pdf )

4. Forgetting and re-pairing the device via bluetooth. Also turning bluetooth on and off on the phone.

5. Resetting the network settings on my iPhone.

6. Resetting all settings on my iPhone, which I didn’t really want to do and was kind of a PITA since I lost a whole bunch of settings I had to redo. 

I’m out of ideas here.  I have emailed support, but I am posting here so that my case if findable via google for who may have the same issue.  I will post my experiences so that others can hopefully avoid this fate.  

gkellum
      Participant

I just called phone support and was very disappointed that they wouldn't patch me through to a live human being, given that I just spent a whackload of money on a brand new H9 Max that doesn't work.

Well, there is one advantage to doing things in writing which is the right people will see and respond to your questions. Eventide is not going to have the engineers who designed the products manning the phones but they will respond to emails and forum posts when needed.

I cannot connect my H9 to the H9 Control app on my iPhone or iPad.

There are two steps to getting your H9 connected to H9 Control. First you need to go into the Settings app and the Bluetooth settings section and pair with the H9, and then, when you launch H9 Control, it should "see" the H9 and connect with it. Which step isn't working correctly? The pairing or the connecting step?

Just in case you're unfamiliar with the process, here's a tutorial video showing someone setting this up on an iPad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7N5IONscgs&index=8&list=PLhT2MsSeKiDw6X56B_cfGPhD4GeBd3MA4

JES
      Participant

Thanks for the fast reply.

It’s the app.  I can connect on the phone, but once that happens, it asks me whether I want to allow the H9 App to connect with the H9.  I click “allow.”  Then the H9 App launches and gives me the error “Device Disconnected!  The H9 Device [my sn] was disconnected.  The app is switching into demo mode. If give me an ok button.  I hit ok.  I get the same error again.  I double click the home button and have to close the app.  Then it starts all over again.

If I keep going long enough, I get an error from my phone and it disconnects.  

Same issues on an iPad mini 2.

Both running latest iOS.

JES
      Participant

Update: now it seems to have unpaired from my phone as well and won’t re-pair without me restarting everything.

JES
      Participant

and it told me to restore factory settings on the unit.  I did that.  No dice.  Error code [sm_response_timeout].

gkellum
      Participant

I can connect on the phone, but once that happens, it asks me whether I want to allow the H9 App to connect with the H9. I click “allow.” Then the H9 App launches and gives me the error “Device Disconnected! The H9 Device [my sn] was disconnected.

Hm. That’s bad news. We’ve seen that behavior in the past when an H9’s Bluetooth chip is misaligned on the board. We changed our testing procedure recently to catch that particular problem, but unfortunately, it seems like you have an H9 that made it through before we changed our testing procedure. At this point you’ll need to get in touch with us at support@eventide.com if you want to send it in to us to fix it. Or you could return it to the store you bought it from for a replacement. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this is going to cause you. We all hate it when problems like this come up.

JES
      Participant

Thanks.  I’ll follow up with the store.

JES
      Participant

Got my new h9 tonight. It paired instantly. Problem solved–the old one definitely had a hardware problem.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.