H90 Acoustic Guitar Rig?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Acoustic Guitar Rig?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gas hed
      Participant

Hello folks – wondering what the most efficient way is to set up my H90 for an acoustic guitar rig. Can I go direct from acoustic to H90 to mixer/PA or do I need a DI box?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello gas hed,

The answer depends on how you’re amplifying the signal on your guitar, whether it’s with a built-in mic, piezo, or bridge pickup, and whether or not your guitar has a quality built-in preamp, like a Fishman or equivalent. With a built-in preamp you may connect it directly to the H90’s input and take the H90’s output straight to the input of your mixer/PA. If you only have a piezo pickup attached to your guitar, you may want to have that signal connected to a dedicated preamp/DI box made for acoustic guitars to tone shape your sound before you connect to the H90. You always want to ensure the H90 is receiving a strong signal, but more importantly, that your guitar sounds natural and balanced before connecting it to any piece of gear. A good acoustic preamp helps tremendously. My recommendation would be, if your guitar already sounds wonderful going straight to the PA, then you may put the H90 in between without issue. Find out if the signal coming from your preamp is line level or instrument level and adjust the I/O of the H90 accordingly in the System menu.

gas hed
      Participant

Thanks for the note @joecozzi. When I plug my acoustic directly into a floor monitor that I have it sends a signal loud and proud. So it appears I can in fact use my acoustic directly into the H90 then to the mixer/PA. But here’s the challenge question. Pic of my pedal board below. I’d love to eliminate the top row acoustic effects processor and consolidate my board. I’m running my electric into the H90 with 4CM. If I add an A/B switcher up front, could I set up individual presets for the acoustic signal only where I’m going into Input 1, but coming out of Output 2 or 4 that would go to the mixer/PA?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Not sure I follow. But if you’re using 4CM, I’m assuming you’re using Dual routing mode.  One thing is for sure. If you’re connected to input 1, you can only come out of Output 1 for mono or Output 1&2 for stereo; this is considered Path 1 when running the H90 in Dual Mode. Path 2 uses Input 3 (and/or 4) and Output 3 for mono and 3&4 for stereo. In dual routing mode you can use Path 1 for electric and Path 2 for acoustic. With an A/B switch, you can connect either guitar to H90 in both Dual and Insert mode. You’ll have to arrange your Playlist in such a way that you can access the electric effects and the acoustic effects at any given moment – example, Program 1-10 electric, Programs 11-20 acoustic, or something to that effect.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.