H90, amp, and Strymon Iridium

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90, amp, and Strymon Iridium

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      tomerz
      Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to understand if the H90 can answer my use-case:

I’m running a few pedals, and I’m going into both an amp and an Iridium that then sends stereo outs into my interface.

I’m using my Boss RV6 pedal as a splitter where one out is going to the amp and the other to the Iridium. This way I don’t need to unplug any cables when switching between the amp and the Iridium (which I use mainly for recording).

So how I’m hoping the H90 can work is:

Guitar -> pedals -> H90 (mono)

H90 -> Iridium (mono) for pre effects

Iridium -> H90 (stereo) for post effects (I know it’s not a true effects loop but still)

H90 -> interface (stereo) AND H90 -> amp (mono)

Can this indeed be done? Thx!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Ideally, what you want to do with PRE/POST effects is more easily done using Dual Routing mode. But because you want to split the output of the H90 this can only be accomplished using Insert Routing Mode.

Connect your Iridium to Insert 1. Place Algorithm A before Insert 1 for the “pre” effect. Place algorithm B after Insert 1 for your “post” effect. Place Insert 2 after algorithm B but turn the Insert Mix down to zero. The level to your amp is controlled by the Send level of the insert and the stereo mix from the H90 will go on to your interface.

tomerz
      Participant

Thanks joecozzi. Is it possible to send a mono signal to an insert and have a stereo return? In my case, could I send mono from H90 to Iridium and have the Iridium send stereo to the H90?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes, however, the H90 only allows either two mono inserts or one stereo insert. So, as it pertains to this setup, you will not be able to do everything you want to do with a stereo insert. Regardless, there is no reason to need a stereo signal from the Iridium if even the Iridium doesn’t allow you to have disparity between left and right, that is, unless you’re using different IRs for left and right.

tomerz
      Participant

Thanks. I’m indeed using separate IRs for left and right. I guess what I’m missing is where I can define which I/O belongs to which insert?
      How does the H90 know if it’s 2 mono inserts or a single stereo insert?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Pressing the Routing button, we can add inserts by turning the 2nd and 3rd quick knobs, which correspond to Insert 1 and Insert 2, respectively. If you take the 3rd Quick knob and turn it fully clockwise, then the H90 creates a stereo insert. The 2nd Quick Knob is used to position it in the signal chain.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.