H90 + Ampero Switch and Mission SP-H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 + Ampero Switch and Mission SP-H9

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      pederbernd
      Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m having trouble with my Ampero Switch in combination with the H90 and a Mission SP-H9 where the H90 only recognises the left switch of the Ampero Switch. When I use the calibration it doesn’t even react when I push the right button. I already tried it on my h9 and there it works without a problem so I’m lost here. The switch itself cannot be the issue but maybe someone else has an idea. I already swapped EXP1 and 2 but the same result. I also tried with a TS cable instead of the TRS cable but also no success. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Did you configure the EXP inputs to function with an aux switch instead of an expression pedal?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Also, the inputs of the H90 are either for an aux switch or an expression pedal, not both on the same input.

pederbernd
      Participant

Yes I did. Switched them also accordingly when I changed between EXP1 and 2. It’s really weird to me.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Are you using a TRS cable with the switch?

pederbernd
      Participant

Yes and also tried with a TS cable

pederbernd
      Participant

Any other idea?

brock
      Participant

A real shot in the dark here:  The SP-H9 has a toe switch, as I understand it (never used it).  Is it possible that internal switch on the Mission is ‘stealing’ the right footswitch from your Ampero?

I would try this:  TS cable out from the Mission expression pedal.  Or better yet, unplugged from the H90 completely.  Try to calibrate the Ampero dual switch on its own, using a TRS cable.

Then unplug the Ampero, use the same TRS cable to the Mission, and calibrate the SP-H9 by itself.  First as an expression pedal, then re-calibrate it as an Aux Switch, while pressing down on the toe switch.

pederbernd
      Participant

That could really be it. I’ll give that a try when I’m back from work. Thanks a lot for your input!

pederbernd
      Participant

Unfortunately this also didn’t work so I started with the easiest setup and only connected the switch. But even then it’s only recognising one of the buttons. I tried with both inputs and changed to FS1-3 or FS4-6. In the appended video you can see what I’m doing. I tried with a TRS cable in the video. When I do the same with a TS cable one button works like with the TRS cable but the other one is always on. I feel like I’m missing something trivial here or is there another setting I need to make?

brock
      Participant

Fresh out of ideas here.  I can’t think of any settings you may have missed.

It seems unlikely that the TRS cable or one Ampero switch went bad, as you say they worked just fine in the H9.

You could verify by testing the TRS with an ohmmeter / multimeter for continuity.  Or a known good TRS out the Ampero to meter-test it.  All I got.

pederbernd
      Participant

well it turned out to be the cable 🤦🏻‍♂️

i think it went bad when I moved everything on the board and didn’t check again afterwards with the H9 but only the H90. Sorry for all the hassle! Got it working now! Thanks a lot guys! Have a good day 😄

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Thank you for reporting back. We really appreciate it.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.