H90 and A&H Xone 96 midi control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 and A&H Xone 96 midi control

Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by brock.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      audaxgreen
      Participant

Hi, I’m getting very confused – so any help would be appreciated.

I’m trying to simply activate / deactivate a program on the H90 using a midi command sent from my Xone 96 mixer.

On my system, setting I have:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 12.40.04

And on my program settings I have:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 12.41.44

I have set my Xone 96 to send on channel 16 and have using a button that corresponds to 18.

When I put a monitor on the midi out from the Xone 96 I see:

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 12.47.37

But nothing happens on the H90.

Where am I going wrong?

Mike

brock
      Participant

You are trying to trigger Active & Bypass with MIDI Notes.  These are not supported in the H90.  You will have to use MIDI CC messages, if that’s possible.

I’m not familiar with the Xone 96 capabilities.  A workaround might be translating MIDI Notes to MIDI CC, using an ‘event processor’, but that will require more hardware / software in the MIDI pipeline.

audaxgreen
      Participant

Thanks BROCK – that really helped and I’ve got it sorted. I can can now activate / deactivate effects direct from my mixer. 🙂

brock
      Participant

I knew I had run across the Xone 96 at some point [Elektronauts].  That’s one badass mixer, if a bit too RCA / DJ-centric for my own use.  I had no idea what the MIDI implementation might be.  Glad you got it all worked out.

frankz1977
      Participant

Hi there, thanks since now for the help, I have a xone 96 and I want to use it as a midi controller of traktor 3

frankz1977
      Participant

what I should do?

brock
      Participant

Allen & Heath will do a much better job of walking you through it than I ever could.  Lots of video tutorials.  Search “Xone 96 MIDI”.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.