H90 and Mission SP-H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 and Mission SP-H9

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      BengtN
      Participant

I’m trying to get this expression pedal to work with the Vintage Wha preset but no luck so far. I’m probably missing some setup steps, but I can’t figure it out.

The pedal is connected to EXP/CTR 1 with a T/R/S cable and “Pedal 1” is set to Exp 1 under Input/output on the System/Settings tab in H90 control. It is not possible to map “Expression 1” to any parameter on the external control tab as the option is greyed out.

I have calibrated the pedal successfully on the unit.

What am I missing?

brock
      Participant

From memory, so forgive any inaccuracies.  I think you are trying to map the expression pedal from the Performance Parameters?  See if you have better luck under Parameters Edit.  Press & hold the Quick Knob under Manual for a classic wah action.

BengtN
      Participant

That’s it. Thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Select the Q-Wah algorithm and go into PARAMETERS. Set Mod Source to “Manual.” Then, map Manual Mod to your expression pedal by holding down the Quick knob to enter Parameters Mapping. Under Ctl Source, map it to your expression pedal or set it to LEARN and move your expression pedal. The H90 will automatically detect the expression pedal. Adjust the Q-Wah’s Intensity, Bottom, and Depth to taste.

jk68594
      Participant

Hey guys,

this is closest subject I can find to my issue:  I’ve got a new Mission SP H9 and I can’t get it calibrated to my H90.  From heel to toe only about 40% of the expression range is accessible.  How do I get the expression pedal calibrated to my H90?  Thanks!

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

Before you do anything, always make sure you connect your cable to the expression pedal first and then you connect the pedal to the EXP input of the H90 last. Doing things in the wrong order won’t allow any pedal to sense the proper load. To calibrate, go in the Systems settings > I/O > third page,  you can use the third quick knob to enter the calibration sequence. Make sure as you sweep the pedal from heal to toe that it goes from zero to 100 and back.

jk68594
      Participant

That did it, thank you!  Great products + great customer service = EVENTIDE

AntCece
      Participant

Hello there, someone with some info about how to activate or map Mission Sp h9 toe switch with H90?  Thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Not possible because unlike the H9, the H90 does not have a “Both” mode for an expression pedal and aux switch on the same EXP input.

I haven’t tried it but maybe with a TRS to dual TS cable you can connect one end to EXP 1 for expression and the other to EXP 2 for aux switch.

breubo
        Participant

So I’ve tried the TRS splitter from SP-H9 to each EXP input. EXP1-Pot, EXP2-Sw. I can not get the AUX switch to control the Parameter Act/Byp. Does this Function work at all?

ejimenez76
        Participant

As previously asked by @carouzal, is this function going to be added in an upcoming update for the H90? I also bought an SP-H9 because I thought the switch would work…

breubo
        Participant

This works……….need a TRS to Dual TS

SP-H9 – TRS to dual TS cable, connect one end to EXP 1 for expression and the other to EXP 2 for aux switch(4).

In H90 Control, go to Control Assignments > Performance Parameter Mapping, select P switch > Parameter: Act/Byp > Control Source: Aux Switch #4. This will make the switch act/bypass the Program. Make sure you save the Program when you are done.

You can also go to System > External Control and map this globally so the aux switch does act/bypass for every Program.

carouzal
        Participant

I think our point was the h9 does this with one aux port.

I don’t want to give up my 3 button switch for this functionality.

Eventide resellers are implying that these two work together. Even including cables that will not make it function as implied.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H90ExpBun–eventide-h90-harmonizer-multi-effects-pedal-with-expression-pedal-bundle

carouzal
      Participant

Will this feature be added in the future? I just purchased an sp-h9 because I thought the switch would work.

breubo
        Participant

Will this feature be added in the future? I just purchased an sp-h9 because I thought the switch would work.

Same here, one of the reasons I bought both. I hope the feature is possible and it does get added.

Going to try the splitter method suggested by joecozzi.

breubo
        Participant

So I’ve tried the TRS splitter from SP-H9 to each EXP input. EXP1-Pot, EXP2-Sw. I can not get the AUX switch to control the Parameter Act/Byp. Does this Function work at all?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

If you’ve assigned EXP2 to Sw,  then the SP-H9 footswitch should correspond with SW4 on the H90. Did you assign the Act/Byp parameter to SW4 in Perform mode?

breubo
        Participant

I did. Is there a reboot process or something similar to engage the selection? Just checking, in case.

I also checked cable and SP-H9 switch functionality with a multi-meter.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You should not have to reboot, you just need to calibrate and map the controller.

Just to confirm, you’ve calibrate the footswitch and when you depress it, Sw4 turns on and off on the H90 UI?

If that works, can you try mapping a parameter, selecting “Learn” for the control source, and pressing the footswitch?

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.5.2/content/edit-modes/parameters.html#mapping

breubo
        Participant

I have not calibrated, I will calibrate tonight and give it a try.

breubo
        Participant

I got it to work. Not sure exactly how, but it looks like to me that you can only map/assign from the pedal. The H90 control indicates that you’ve made the change but the pedal does not follow. Does that make sense?

bob

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear you got it working. I’m not quite sure what you mean, the mappings can be made using the pedal or the software. I just tested this and it is working correctly.

In H90 Control, go to Control Assignments > Performance Parameter Mapping, select P switch > Parameter: Act/Byp > Control Source: Aux Switch #4. This will make the switch act/bypass the Program. Make sure you save the Program when you are done.

You can also go to System > External Control and map this globally so the aux switch does act/bypass for every Program.

breubo
        Participant

I couldn’t get it to work via the H90 control, for whatever reason. It accepted the change at the pedal. Not sure why or what I did wrong. I plan on resetting at some point and attempting this process to assure I have it correct. Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Regardless, for those looking to use the Expression pedal to mimic a Wah Wah Pedal, here’s the process.

SP-H9 – TRS to dual TS cable, connect one end to EXP 1 for expression and the other to EXP 2 for aux switch(4).

In H90 Control, go to Control Assignments > Performance Parameter Mapping, select P switch > Parameter: Act/Byp > Control Source: Aux Switch #4. This will make the switch act/bypass the Program. Make sure you save the Program when you are done.

You can also go to System > External Control and map this globally so the aux switch does act/bypass for every Program.

winihh
      Participant

Will the expression + toe switch on one input of the H90 will be implemented in the future?

This would be a reason for me to invest in the Mission Engineering SP-H9.

Thanks for your great support!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry, we do not plan on supporting this. It’s not necessary since the H90 has two exp/ctl inputs. You can use a TRS splitter and connect the SP-H9 to both of the H90’s exp/ctl inputs if you’d like to use both the switch and expression pedal.

paulmarshall
        Participant

I have a song where I use wah and also tap temp for echo in another part of the song. So if I use both H90 inputs for my wah using a splitter (exp1 = mod and exp2 = act/bypass) is there another way I can add in a tap tempo?

apalazzolo
        Participant

You can assign one of the H90 footswitches to be your tap tempo switch in Perform mode.  Using the Control app, select “Control Assignments” at the bottom of the Edit screen and click around there a bit.  You’ll get it.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.