H90 Control Can’t Connect

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Control Can’t Connect

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      radiation360
      Participant

For some reason, my H90 Control no longer connects to the pedal.  When USB is connected and I select the device to add from the dropdown, I get a pop-up saying “Error opening midi ports, device may be busy in another application!”

I’m using Windows 11 Home; my H90 is on the latest firmware (v1.3.0) and I’ve just done a full factory reset, but nothing has worked.  The only option I have under preferences in Control is related to the knob style.  I’m using Control v1.2.2.  Anyone experience this before?

malkyshy
      Participant

Are you using the usb cord that was supplied with the unit? My H90 wasnt recognized by H90 control from day one. I tried another usb cord and it works fine ever since.

Hope this helps 🙏🏼

radiation360
      Participant

I’ve tried multiple cords in multiple ports. If I unplug it entirely, nothing shows up in the add drop-down all, so as far as I can tell, it’s not an issue with the USB connection itself.

Lorpal
      Participant

Are we you also plugged into midi at the same time? I had an issue once – unplugged the din plug and it worked fine. It happened only once and I haven’t been able to replicate it.

radiation360
      Participant

Nope – I was hoping to just use USB for MIDI.  I’ve unplugged from the USB hub and everything, just plugging straight into my computer, and still nothing.  I just have power, usb, and in/out 1&2 for stereo guitar plugged in.

brock
      Participant

Do you have (or had) any other MIDI devices / apps open recently?  Windows always had a way of hogging the MIDI ports.  There is/was a method for freeing them up at the system level (which I don’t recall offhand).

I recently had a similar kind of issue with Novation Circuit Rhythm.  The unit was no longer plugged in, but I believe it was Novation Components still running in the background.

Once I squashed that, H90 Control opened up just fine.

radiation360
      Participant

That more or less did the trick – I tried to close the Morningstar software, which crashed Windows, and after a reboot it all worked fine.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.