H90 CONTROL IDEAS (please forward this to developers)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 CONTROL IDEAS (please forward this to developers)

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      brockstar
      Participant

Would be nice if we could swap presets in the routing section under the control app instead of having to do it on the hardware, and also please find a way that we can turn on / off each preset and also turn on / off our inserts inside the H90 control app as well. Perhaps some sort of dragging and dropping and  double clicking on them to do it! 🙂

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi brockstar, we’re working on swapability in H90 Control. Regarding turning effects and inserts on/off, that’s already possible; notice the BYP icons next to the parameter names and on the top right of the insert boxes in the Routing/Inserts view. When you click on them, they do what you want. I like the idea of being able to click on the actual icon. I’ve relayed that myself.

Keep your suggestions coming. We appreciate your feedback!

brockstar
        Participant

Haha yes I had a brain fart and forgot the BYP option above to turn each preset off, but yeah being able to click on them would be nice indeed! Glad you all are working on the swapping part 🙂 Thanks!

brockstar
      Participant

Ok so on the subject of swapping.

So there’s no way to put insert 2 in front of insert 1, how come?

For instance if i put both insert 1 and 2 on parallel path, there’s no way to swap 1 and 2 around, maybe we want 2 in front of 1.

Hope this gets fixed? 🙂

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

I’ve logged your request to allow insert 2 to be routed before insert 1 when they are next to each other in the signal path.

brockstar
        Participant

Thank you  🙂

brockstar
      Participant

Another H90 control idea. Would love to be able to use the editor in offline mode. Meaning when the pedal isn’t connected, we can still open the editor and look at presets and parameters and what not. Sometimes it’s useful if you’re thinking about something and wanting to know if a certain algorithm can do it via parameters and you wanna check the editor, but it sucks you have to turn on your pedal and connect it to computer first before doing so each time.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

All longtime H9 Users got used to being able to open up H9 Control to do the same thing. However, now the H90 is the device that contains all the information; H90 Control just reads off of it. The benefit is that users no longer have to rely on using Control on the same device where preset lists used to be stored. Now, no matter where you go, it’s all there. Still, I don’t disagree that some sort of skeleton library could be made available for this purpose. Will pass it along.

brockstar
      Participant

Another minor idea maybe. So when adding inserts from the control app there’s just too many clicks that you have to do to add a insert to the end of the signal path. For instance on a series path you have to make 4 mouse clicks to get to the end of path and on parallel there’s 6 mouse clicks.

Should be an option that allows us to click left < button and it starts at the end of the path.

And if we were already at the end we should be able to continue to click > right button to bring us to the beginning instead of having to < back click all the time etc.

The same limitation is also on the hardware. Let us freely go < left or right > without it stopping us.

Just makes for a faster work flow 🙂

brockstar
      Participant

Another minor idea maybe. So when adding inserts from the control app there’s just too many clicks that you have to do to add a insert to the end of the signal path. For instance on a series path you have to make 4 mouse clicks to get to the end of path and on parallel there’s 6 mouse clicks. Should be an option that allows us to click left < button and it starts at the end of the path. And if we were already at the end we should be able to continue to click > right button to bring us to the beginning instead of having to < back click all the time etc. The same limitation is also on the hardware. Let us freely go < left or right > without it stopping us. Just makes for a faster work flow 🙂

Oh wait, i totally forgot on control app you can click in the middle of the < and > and it brings down a drop box and you can choose the destination, so yes that does make it a bit easier, but still wouldn’t be bad idea to do what I said above and definitely do it for hardware since there’s no drop down for hardware obviously.

apalazzolo
      Participant

If I understand your suggestion, this seems like a non-issue to me because on the H90 it is very easy to position insert 1 and/or 2 in any location.  Basically, all it takes is pressing the “routing” button and twisting a knob or two.  That is, again, if I understand your suggestion.

brockstar
      Participant

If I understand your suggestion, this seems like a non-issue to me because on the H90 it is very easy to position insert 1 and/or 2 in any location. Basically, all it takes is pressing the “routing” button and twisting a knob or two. That is, again, if I understand your suggestion.

Yes but say you want insert 1 at the end of the path, now you got to scroll through all positions to get there. Now say you have insert 1 at the end of the path, why must one have to turn the knob backwards a few times to get to the front again if they’d just make it where the knob just just keeps going right and it leads back into the pre position. But the way it is right now is a stop at the end of the path that won’t allow the knob turn to go any further. Just easier work flow is all.

brockstar
      Participant

Ok think I found another H90 control bug or hardware bug…

At the bottom right on h90 control you have “parameter edit mode” when you’re on the parameter tab.

When you click one of the prg / hs1 / hs2 / hs3 it works fine and shows up on hardware as well that they’re working together

However when you click on the hardware hs1 / hs2 / hs3 it doesn’t show that on the H90 control editor.

Not sure if that is by design or not but wanted to mention it.

brockstar
        Participant

Also h90 control only allows us to use hs1 / hs2 / hs3, why won’t it let us use the other 3 on the editor too? There’s 6 HS options on the hardware, 3 on each page.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Perform Mode gives you 6 footswitch mapping options, but there are only 3 Hotswitches.

brockstar
        Participant

Ok 🙂 but what about the other issue I was explaining? Is it normal or no? Can you replicate it?

“At the bottom right on h90 control you have “parameter edit mode” when you’re on the parameter tab.

When you click one of the prg / hs1 / hs2 / hs3 it works fine and shows up on hardware as well that they’re working together

However when you click on the hardware hs1 / hs2 / hs3 it doesn’t show that on the H90 control editor.

Not sure if that is by design or not but wanted to mention it.”

apalazzolo
      Participant

Ok think I found another H90 control bug or hardware bug… At the bottom right on h90 control you have “parameter edit mode” when you’re on the parameter tab. When you click one of the prg / hs1 / hs2 / hs3 it works fine and shows up on hardware as well that they’re working together However when you click on the hardware hs1 / hs2 / hs3 it doesn’t show that on the H90 control editor. Not sure if that is by design or not but wanted to mention it.

I was confused by this too.  It is normal.  IIRC it’s because the Control screen is in edit mode and the H90 is in performance mode (if you are performing, you are not editing).

brockstar
      Participant

Ok think I found another H90 control bug or hardware bug… At the bottom right on h90 control you have “parameter edit mode” when you’re on the parameter tab. When you click one of the prg / hs1 / hs2 / hs3 it works fine and shows up on hardware as well that they’re working together However when you click on the hardware hs1 / hs2 / hs3 it doesn’t show that on the H90 control editor. Not sure if that is by design or not but wanted to mention it.

I was confused by this too. It is normal. IIRC it’s because the Control screen is in edit mode and the H90 is in performance mode (if you are performing, you are not editing).

Yeah but still don’t make sense that if you hit HS1 / HS2 / HS3 on the control app that it shows you doing that on the hardware, it should do the exact same thing from hardware to editor?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Engaging a Hotswitch is not the same thing as Hotswitch parameter edit mode.

On the pedal UI, if you hold one of the P/A/B buttons from the Parameters edit page, this will enter the Hotswitch parameter edit mode on the pedal and the H90 Control parameter edit tabs will follow along. If you select a different HS tab from H90 Control, the pedal edit page will follow along as well.

If you just engage a HS from the pedal you are not in parameter edit mode, therefore the H90 Control parameter edit tabs will not be selected.

brockstar
      Participant

Another H90 control idea that I think would help the general work flow is:

1) hot keys to open up file extension folder. Like say Ctrl+Z  and it opens up h9z file extension area or Ctrl+T and it opens .tide file extension area.

2) right click on the mouse in a empty area on the control app and it brings up the same option as the 3 dots section does by each algorithm, this way we don’t have to keep moving our mouse over there all of the time.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.