H90 – delay tap tempo artifacts

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 – delay tap tempo artifacts

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lodeman
      Participant

Hello.

Is there any feature to minimize the pitch-shifting warble when using tap tempo with delays?

My old device had a transparent/accurate option to minimize those artifacts:

Accurate” respects the natural pitch fluctuations inherent when changing a real delay pedal’s time knob; “Transparent” minimizes these artifacts.

Thanks.

brock
      Participant

Yes, there is.  You have to select the right algorithm.  Some are are programmed to emulate ‘pitch’ / speed effects in classic gear: tape delay, as one example.

Others have a short crossfade between the changing delay times.  The Digital Delay & Reverse algorithms ‘expose’ that parameter, so you can adjust just how long that crossfade takes (within a range).

Lodeman
      Participant

Thanks for the info.

I will take a look on the digital delay again. It is not my first option though.

brock
      Participant

It’s not confined to just those two algorithms I mentioned.  Those are the only two where crossfade is adjustable.  I don’t have a solid list of which delays ‘pitchbend’ and which ones crossfade. I want to say it’s about half & half.

It’s easy enough to test out: pick an algo, play a note, spin the delay time parameter.  For example, I believe all of the PitchFactor algorithms with delay capabilities, crossfade.  Many of the TimeFactor ones ‘bend’.  The newer ones … a mixture of each type.

mcvittym
      Participant

Funny, the pitch-shifting warble is a bit of a problem for me too.  I checked and the Tape Delay algorithm on the H9 sounds the same as the corresponding algorithm on the H90, except that there is no ‘warble’ on the H9 version!

ehguitarguy92
      Participant

I am having a problem with this as well (with both MIDI clock and tap tempo) – currently using the digital delay algorithm to manage it as best as possible, but missing being able to seamlessly use the Tape/Vintage algorithms I used on my Timefactor (changes via manual or externally triggered tap tempo on the Timefactor worked with no warp or artifact issues)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.