H90-digital hash on the output

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90-digital hash on the output

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      zambiland
      Participant

Hi,

I hooked up my H90 in my home studio going 1/4″ (with and without a Radial isolation box) and XLR via a passive DI to a Metric Halo ULN-8. No matter how I do it, with ground lifts or not, I get a digital hash sound on the output at about -45-50db. It’s been dead quiet for the most part.

Any ideas?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Do you have USB hooked to your computer as well? Depending on your setup, this may cause a ground loop.

zambiland
      Participant

I’ve tried it both ways. No difference

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

What else do you have connected to the H90?

RikjCarty
      Participant

Try plugging everything into the same leg (i.e everything on the same power source/Plug… including computer, as a starting point). For some reason control apps via USB are Notorious between computer connection and isolated switching supplies. With 2 prong supplies… you CAN reverse the polarity of the AC plug. In some low cost, 2 prong (US) switchers, this changes the ref ground.

Best!

zambiland
      Participant

I’ve made sure it’s plugged into the same leg as everything else (I have a dedicated circuit for audio). I have switched power supplies. I’m going to do some more experiments, including plugging it into a battery powered headphone amp.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.