H90 exp pedal setup

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 exp pedal setup

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      cjcampbell2000
      Participant

hi all im a complete novice with this h90 it has some great sounds. so I got a line 6 exp pedal which I’ve synced to h90 at least its showing 0-100 on pedal sweep however I’m trying to set up a normal wah wah but I’m not able to get it to act like a normal wah. it seems the bass\heel part of the sweep is getting stuck and then restarting the sweep from about a third of the way like bass mid then bass mid tre. instead of just bass mid tre through the sweep. if someone could share there normal wah settings id be so grateful thanks.

brock
      Participant

From what I can find, the Line 6 EX-1 seems to have a 10K linear pot (good), but connects with a TS cable?  You’re getting a full sweep, so you might be able to tweak the wah to what works for you, using the 2nd page of Parameter Mapping [6.4.1].

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/edit-modes/parameters.html#mapping

cjcampbell2000
      Participant

ahhhh so I have it connected with a TRS cable. i can’t find that setup page though thanks ill look further into this after work

cjcampbell2000
      Participant

thanks for your efforts I still can’t fully grasp this tho. I just can’t seem to resolve this wah issue. ill try with a normal cable instead of a TRS. I think I’m having issues understanding the menu system

brock
      Participant

It may just be the Line6, but I don’t know, either way.  The link I gave you up above is the final fine-tuning of the sweep range.  You should be targeting the Manual parameter with expression, and also selecting Manual for the Shape parameter.

It will be easier if you use the Wah or Bass Wah as a Type.  Depth & Q-Intensity (resonance) at maximum; Bottom at minimum.  You can always adjust those down (or up) later on.  In this use case, Speed doesn’t matter.  For now, zero out all of the secondary controls (Depth Mod, Speed Mod, Mod Rate, Mod Source).

Depth (Bottom) and Manual targeting / the Parameter Mapping range seem to be the most critical adjustments for your issue.  I would think you need to dial the Start up from 0 there.

What bothers me (from your OP description) is the ‘jumps’ seem similar to the Line6 acting like a volume pedal.  But I’d like to think that’s not the case here.

cjcampbell2000
      Participant

hi, thanks again after 2 days of hair pulling I finally resolved the issue. in a nutshell it seems the actual lead I was using was faulty. it worked fine as a normal guitar audio lead but using it with ex pedal was causing the glitch. sooo my advice is double check your leads to avoid hours of menu surfing. thanks again for your help tho

brock
      Participant

Frustrating, but I’m glad you got there.  Seems to be a lot of that “bad cable” stuff going around.  I’m guessing that many guitarists don’t have a lot of TRS cables lying around.

I’ve been there so many times, I can’t count them all.  For years now, there is one of those cheap Behringer testers in every guitar case, and a few multimeters in my vehicle and my shop.

It’s the simplest things that junp up & bite you.  Best part about airing them out at the forum is that might help the next person to avoid the same scenario.

cjcampbell2000
      Participant

tell me about it. frustrating to say the least. I wish the menu was a bit simpler though id have found it much faster. anyhoo I’m back on the game. soooo thanks again

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.