H90 feature request – always on reverb

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 feature request – always on reverb

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      udi9
      Participant

I was thinking the other day about the old Lexicon racks, they had a pretty cool feature where you could have a reverb running regardless of the effect algo you use.

I think this could be an amazing addition to the H90 – you could still use your regular two algo preset, but also have a reverb of your choice (not foot switchable) running alongside this preset. The “price” for that option will be losing spillover for this preset.

I’m not sure if this can be done, but I thought I’d throw it out there.

Right now I’m running 2 H9s and a UAFX Golden on my big board. I’d love to replace all of them with a single H90!

zambiland
      Participant

That would be great, but the Lexicon units had a dedicated reverb chip, which is why they could do this. Perhaps Eventide could create a virtual chip for an always on reverb, but without a dedicated chip, I’m guessing that it’s not an option.

PS. If it weren’t for the hassle of editing, I never would have stopped using my MPX G2.

udi9
        Participant

@zambiland If I’m understanding correctly, the H90 is actually capable of running 4 algos at the same time and that is how the spillover functionality is possible.

Theoretically, if we’re “giving up” spillover, we can run the extra reverb algo (just like on the Lexicon devices).

zambiland
      Participant

Interesting. I’d like that a lot!

udi9
      Participant

My terminology in the OP was incorrect.

Preset = Program.

Sorry for that…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.