H90 Flat Tuning

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Flat Tuning

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gas hed
      Participant

Hello folks – I’d like to create a preset on my H90 that I can use to play songs that are tuned 1/2 step down but stay in standard tuning on my guitar.  I’m wondering which is the best algorithm to choose for that?

brock
      Participant

The new Polyphony algorithm.  Hands down.  I’ve compared it to all of the other, capable algorithms.

Mix 100 – Pitch A&B -m2 Inst Type- Percussive.  Neutral / nominal settings on the rest.  Or not.

gas hed
      Participant

Thanks brock.  What’s interesting is that I am only using A as when B is engaged I have a noticeable increase in volume.  The other thing that works for me is that I’m using Pitch for Inst Type.  I found that the Percussive setting creates a bit of a warble when the notes ring out.  I’m only going a half step down, but it’s there.  Could be kinda cool I’m thinking for when I cover Come As You Are by Nirvana actually.  This unit is effing amazing!

gas hed
      Participant

I take it back, Percussive setting is better.  Still a bit of that strange echo warble but it is lessened compared to Pitch.

jyym
      Participant

how do you guys find the h90 compares to plugins like polycapo?

brock
      Participant

No side-by-side access to the newer EHX or Digitech hardware; only pedals & racks from a generation or two back.  Plugin-wise, I’m calling Polyphony my Melodyne-in-a-box, if that helps any.

As for the conversation above with gas hed, yes, there is a boost with using both Pitch A & B simultaneously.  I neglected to mention that I dial back the A&B Levels to around 80-85 to gain-stage Active / Bypass.  I also like to pan each side with a tiny bit of Detune (like +/- 1c).  Out to stereo, so I haven’t mixed that down to mono for comparison.

That setup may play into why I’m not getting the ‘warble on decay’ mentioned.  That said, I do use the Inst Type as a general starting guide, like the H910 / 949 splicing options in the H9.  Final choice of Percussive or Pitched depends on the application and ears.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.