H90 Gain Structure

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Gain Structure

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      zambiland
      Participant

I have the H90 input set to Instrument level for my basses, but it’s hard to tell if it’s seeing enough signal. I never get close to clipping. Is it possible to fine tune the input level aside from the coarse adjustment of instrument or line?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

No, there are no further input adjustment besides line/instrument level. You can always increase the input gain to a Program or Preset.

Is there anything leading you to believe it is not seeing enough signal besides the fact that you aren’t hitting the clipping point? I would say that your input level from the bass is probably fine and not something to worry about if you are happy with how things are sounding.

Bodde
      Participant

It would be nice to have an input level setting. Some active basses have a real high output and might cause clipping. But also to pump up the level for quiet guitars so you have more input for the overdrive algos.

coirbidh_99
        Participant

There are input and output gain parameters on every algorithm, and separate controls for the overall program.

Bodde
      Participant

There are input and output gain parameters on every algorithm, and separate controls for the overall program.

Yes but no global input level setting is it?

apalazzolo
      Participant

OP,

At first, I too found it unsettling that there was no way to set global level controls.  I thought the clipping LEDs might be broken because I hit the H90 pretty hard and they didn’t light up.  I hit the H90 harder and harder until they finally lit up.   I had to accepted it:  the headroom is so high and the noise floor is so low on the H90 that there is nothing to worry about and nothing to do.   The H90 is THAT good … right out of the box.

Same with the noise gates.  I’m not a high gain player so I don’t use them.  The last time I considered them was about 1990 and they all clicked on and off.  They were awful.

When I saw noise gates on EQCompressor and all the drive algos my instinct was to turn them all off.    But by then I realized that I had been playing with them for a week or more and never knew it.  They were sonically invisible.  I began to think Eventide knew something about this and that I should worry about something else instead.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.