H90 Global Midi Clock Not Working

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Global Midi Clock Not Working

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dpettine16
      Participant

I am using a Morningstar MC6 to send Midi Clock signals to the H90 and other pedals.

The H90 will receive Midi Clock (Tap Tempo), but will not accept a Preset Midi Clock Tempo.

The MIDI Clock is being accepted on every pedal via Midi Clock Tap, and every pedal except the H90 for a Preset MIDI Clock tempo.

I have changed the settings on MIDI to every option and variant possible, and it will still only accept the Tap Clock. Inside of each program I can set the source to “Midi Clock” or “Global” and the same issue still happens. (Current settings in image below).

Any way to fix this?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello Dpettine16,

if the H90 is responding MIDI Clock tap tempo but not to a preset BPM from your MC6 im guessing the issue might be with the controller. Are you sure the MC6 button is programmed to send “MIDI Clock” on press? Other settings on the MC6 you should make sure are set:

Show Tap menu: No
      BPM: Whatever you want
      Stop MIDI Clock: No
      BPM decimal: 0

brock
      Participant

I’m a little confused by the attachment above.  You are using the MC6 as a master MIDI clock (and the master MIDI transmitter) for the H90, as well as the rest of your setup.

Are you also trying to use the H90 to Transmit MIDI to other devices?

Dpettine16
      Participant

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have the settings on the MC6 setup as you stated, Joe. I don’t think it would be in the controller as the other pedals are accepting the Preset BPM from the MC6, just the H90 isn’t.

Brock,

The H90 is Midi Ch 1 but is the last in MIDI sequence, so I don’t believe it should need to be set to “thru”. I did test with it on “Thru”, “Transmit: and “off”.

Here is a picture of the way I have my MC6 setup currently.

Attachments:
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Things are work properly on my MC6mkII. I tried your settings from the image and it works. Out of curiosity, in the General Configuration of the MC6 I have “MIDI Clock Persist” set OFF, “MIDI Thru” ON, “Cross MIDI Thru” ON, “Ignore MIDI Clock” ON. Are your settings the same? Screenshot attached.

Attachments:
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.