H90 Insert Bypass ?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Insert Bypass ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Herr Mosa
      Participant

What I don’t understand: I have built a preset called Insert1. There is an effect looped into this Ins1. The two algos are “Thru”, nothing else involved.
      Now I would like to activate this Insert with this preset and deactivate it with Bypass. Unfortunately, the Insert1 remains active in Bypass, even if I switch P to Bypass.
      I can’t find a solution; have I misunderstood something or is there a workaround?

brock
      Participant
      Herr Mosa
      Participant

It’s in DSP Mode (because of Spillover of other Presets) ?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

You need to use AB Only bypass mode if you’d like the inserts to remain active when the Program is bypassed. Tails/Spillover will still work with this setting.

Note there is also specific Insert active/bypass controls that can be mapped to MIDI/aux switch: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.7.5/content/appendix/global.html

You can also bypass either insert using Perform Mode.

Herr Mosa
        Participant

Thanks for that! I have already found Insert On Off in performance mode.
        What I would like, however, would be the option of simply switching the insert on and off with the P on/off. This is about the opposite of what the AB Only function features, if I understand correctly.
        Unfortunately, I only have two aux switches, which are assigned to Programme/Performance Mode and Tuner on Off. So I would be missing a third aux switch and it would be a bit more of a tap dance.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I have my H90 in DSP Bypass mode and I can get it to do what you want, allow the insert audio through when active and shut it off when the H90 is bypassed. Are you sure you’re using IN/OUT 3 to connect your external pedal as an insert?

Herr Mosa
        Participant

Yes it’s io3

i will load up my Programm perhaps when I’m back on it, ok?

Herr Mosa
      Participant

I have to apologize – the device was mistakenly in AB Only Bypass mode. When I activate DSP, I can switch the insert on and off with P.
      Many thanks again for your kind and fast support!

And let me say thank you so much for this fantastic device! Coming from the H9, this processor is a real asset to me.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear you got it working.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.