H90 IOS and mac OS software three button Hotswitch controls

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 IOS and mac OS software three button Hotswitch controls

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      hglatt
      Participant

Would like to request an H90 Control software update to VISUALLY HIGHLIGHT to reflect current Hotswitch mode when three-button footswitch is controlling HS1/HS2/HS3 mode in the the lower right of Parameters screen.

While it clearly functions as evidenced by all engaged preset dials flying into saved position, it should also be reflected as described above in PERFORM mode.

When the H90 Control (ipad or mac) is clicked/tapped on the mode on the screen (instead of footswitch), the highlighted HS mode is properly reflected, but NOT if pedal initiates it.

Once in HS1/2/3 mode, to get back to PGM mode from the 3-button pedal alone, must stomp all 3 buttons together (cumbersome but no alternative I suppose).  That action DOES change the screen to highlight PGM!

Thanks for your consideration.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

The “parameter edit mode” in H90 Control is not the same as engaging a HotSwitch in PERFORM mode. If you are in parameters edit mode on the pedal and you press and hold one of the P/A/B LED buttons, this will enter “parameter edit mode” on the pedal, and allow you to map parameters to the HotSwitches. This will be reflected on the pedal and in H90 Control.

Can you please elaborate about the last point you made? There is no action that requires pressing all 3 footswitches simultaneously. Turning any of the HotSwitches OFF will change the UI of H90 Control from HS1-3 “parameter edit mode” back to “PGM”.

hglatt
      Participant

Apologies for confusion caused and thanks for your patience.  I am trying to incorporate the ios H90 control as my main live console mounted with H90 to a mic stand.  The H90 is in PERFORM mode and the ipad Control software is on the Parameters tab, but the same issue if using USB/MacOS Control software.

The issue is that while using a 3 button pedal does function correctly, the ipad screen does not reflect the choices of HS1/HS2/HS3 made on the footswitch in the same way as when the choice is made on the ipad (highlighted) in PARAMETER EDIT MODE PGM/HS1/HS2/HS3 (lower right of control software in Parameters tab).

I see your point that HS edit mode is NOT the same as just selecting an HS mode in PERFORM.  Still, using the footswitch there is no visual indication on EITHER the H90 unit or Control screen of which HS mode (or PGM) is currently active.

The promise of the three HS modes is that is the only way H90 provides to create 3 useful and distinct variants of a program without low level twiddling of knobs live on stage.  But if you can’t see which mode its in, that’s not great performance.

What would you propose for this visual indicator of the active HS/PGM mode?

To me, a quick fix would be to highlight the existing items in PARAMETER EDIT MODE since they have a permanent place on the lower right of screen.

Otherwise I end up memorizing the settings that change on one arbitrary dial (different for every program!) to decipher which HS mode it is currently active vs PGM default.

Finally, I was wrong on the last point, disregard.  Not stomping three buttons all at once, but if H1 is active, then pressing H1 again will toggle it back to program (PGM).  It was just a coincidence that stomping all three together have same effect (and ridiculous in hindsight).

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

No need to apologize. I understand that this element of the UI in H90 Control can cause confusion because of the difference between activating a HS and using the parameter mapping mode of a HS.

On the pedal, if a HS is mapped to a footswitch in PERFORM mode, that LED will be turquoise when the HS is OFF, and red when the HS is on. This is the best visual indication for keeping track of the state of your HotSwitches. All 3 LEDs being turquoise would indicate no HS being active (PGM mode).

We may consider something in H90 Control to improve this UI, but we have nothing planned at the moment. My best solution would be using the pedal itself whenever you want to activate a HS, and only using H90 Control for the parameter mapping, not as a live performance tool for activating HotSwitches.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.