H90 iPad App

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 iPad App

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      MrClean
      Participant

Hi Eventide people, loving the H90  – sounds brilliant, interface is excellent, an Eclipse in a foot pedal ! Given the H90 has bluetooth, do you have plans for a IOS app for the unit etc ?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Thank you for the wonderful complements. Yes, iOS app forthcoming but there’s no timeline yet. Definitely not soon.

siggy76
      Participant

It’s a back step comparing to H9…for the touring musicians it’s crucial to have a fast editing solution as it was the h9 control app.

brockstar
        Participant

The fast editing solution is right in front of you, it’s the pedal. The pedal is much easier to navigate than an H9 for sure!

siggy76
      Participant

For those like me that store the pedal in a rack it isn’t fast at all…everything it’s faster than the h9 pedal, but the h90 app sucks

cat_taylor
      Participant

Had anyone hooked the H90 up to an iPad via usb-c and used a program change app?

Alancarl
      Participant

The mobile device app tweak facility for iOS is really important in my workflow and in that arena the H9 iOS app IS terrific(I use it for 5 H9 Max pedals in various combinations and rigs!)!

—It still works on my original iPads as well as on my current iPad pros!

Way to go Eventide to not force us all to upgrade our Cupertino hardware when for some applications the older and long ago paid for hardware can give us great service:-)

I really could use an iOS app for the wonderful H90..as much as anything as I’m wrapping my head around this deep device I could easily make the fine adjustments that are so critical for integrating and personalizing the amazing tools like the Eventide H90 that are available now!

Can’t wait!!
      Thanks

Al

skylandbusta1
      Participant

I totally agree. The H9 has the absolute best ap / editing system of literally any modern pedal. I was upgrade to H90 so I’m glad I saw this. As soon as I hear that the ap is developed I’ll make the move on the H90.

rograt
      Participant

We are accelerating towards a year since this question was posed and I think well past the “not soon” timespan so can we please have an updated answer to the OP’s question?

The system is good enough for me not to urgently need any updates so the computer/usb based control software for me is the most important frustration.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Still working on it.

birthofahero
        Participant

Come one…You all have been saying the same copy/paste for almost A YEAR.

Please have more respect for your customers and give us a real human answer.

Im actually starting to think the “Staff” here are just bots.

brockstar
        Participant

They don’t owe you or anyone an explanation. They don’t even have to make anything for anyone if they don’t want too. So don’t be rude. The staff are not bots and are real people doing what they are supposed to do.

Most companies don’t know when something is going to be done until it’s done and ready or will acknowledge it and tell others due to the fact that if they put out a timeline and missed it, they’ll have a lot of mad people they have to explain too etc.. or negative comments like yours.

birthofahero
        Participant

And yet my opinion is not more or less valuable than yours. Thank you.

Alancarl
      Participant

If the H90 uses SYSEX is there documentation available?
      Thanks

Al

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry, this is not available.

rograt
      Participant

I would say more frustrated than rude. This all helps the company prioritise. This is a very important facility to some people and they invested, a not insignificant amount, to make the product successful (and the company more healthy). So I would suggest they do have to make something.

Where I agree is 1) don’t expect an announcement until something is ready for release and 2) the staff are not bots. Quite the opposite, my experience with contributors on this forum has been first class and has made me  extremely happy that I bought from this company.

joeydego
      Participant

Just chiming in to say if Joe Cozzi is a bot, he’s a damn convincing one because the times I’ve met him, he sure seemed real to me.

no one owes anyone anything above and beyond the product they purchased.

birthofahero
        Participant

I disagree. I purchased a product that was advertised with Bluetooth connectivity. The Bluetooth hardware is literally in the device waiting for the software integration.

imagine purchasing an H90 and the Tricerachorus algorithm was locked. That’s what is happening here.

anyone who purchased an H90 is in fact owed a feature they were promised.

brockstar
        Participant

Manual clearly states “Bluetooth features are not implemented in the H90’s current software and will be added
        in a future update.” Page 14.

Also they mentioned this on launch several times in several places that BT was not available yet…

birthofahero
        Participant

Yes, thank you for proving that they did indeed advertise that their device has Bluetooth hardware integrated.

Alancarl
      Participant

Like all of the posters here I am hoping that we will be able to tweak  <span style=”font-size: inherit;”>he H90 from a mobile Bluetooth device. That being said eventide has my vote hands-down with the product line and the customer support staff!! Another successful time-based digital stop box company has one of their delay devices that not all the front panel knobs when moved will post their value in the display:-0 I happened to use the Numbers as a reference to identify the effect on the sound So this is important to me. When I spoke with customer service at the manufacturer they were ready to say that particular functionality would not be finished:-( I suppose more money was made in marketing the next paddle that they offered. even though I like their effect pedals I will not buy even a power supply from them. Eventide however was still updating my Eclipse many years after I purchased it! It may still be getting updates I just moved away from rack gear-it gets too heavy. I expect that the overall development costs for a device like the H90 with an arm based processor would be very high and if our front you add in the cost of developing an iPad app and dealing with Apple the pedal might be twice as expensive and that would kill most sales if not all:-0 I still love Eventide eventhough my H90 has not made it to my gigging pedalboard:-) Good things take as long as it takes.</span><span style=”font-size: inherit;”>
      Thanks
      Al</span>

brockstar
      Participant

Yes, thank you for proving that they did indeed advertise that their device has Bluetooth hardware integrated.

They never lied about it or say it didn’t, it clearly says and shows it’s integrated but not implemented and will be implemented at a later date via firmware lol. Wait for the firmware like everyone else lol. Geez!

birthofahero
        Participant

I’m waiting. I actually don’t mind waiting for features.
        But the silence and ignoring of questioning users is embarrassing.

it’s coming up on a year and no progress has been made at all. I’d love for a “bot” to prove me wrong but the only thing they’re programmed to say is “we have no updates at this time”.

I’ve got an update: people are getting upset at the lack of transparency.

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

We STILL don’t have any updates at this time, but we’re STILL working on it. #ThisIsNotABot

birthofahero
        Participant

You’re being intentionally ignorant if you think this is an acceptable response.

#stillnotconvinced

brockstar
      Participant

I’ve got an update: people are getting upset at the lack of transparency.

Only seems like you are… where’s the others lol. Never been any lack of transparency, it’s been known since launch but they can’t help people that don’t do their own research before buying 😉

birthofahero
        Participant

You’re an ignorant little boy. Read the thread there’s multiple people. Just because YOU don’t find it important doesn’t mean it isn’t to me or others.

you seem to think just because I have an opinion on a feature you don’t care about that it doesn’t matter.

why is your opinion more valid than mine? Am I not entitled to question where a feature is a year after release? This isn’t even your battle, go away.

brockstar
      Participant

You’re being intentionally ignorant if you think this is an acceptable response.

Very acceptable. You called them out as bots and he’s stating he’s not a bot, and also stating NO UPDATES AT THIS TIME BUT THEY’RE WORKING ON IT, no matter how mad you get 😛 lol.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

All, we appreciate that you’re active in the user forums expressing what you want to see from the company. I can assure you Eventide definitely hears you. We’ve made bluetooth functionality a priority, but until things are working well enough, we won’t release a version for our community to try. We simply do not know how long it will take. In the meantime, let’s not turn on each other. When we have an update, we’ll post on this thread.

I invite you to go make music.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The topic ‘H90 iPad App’ is closed to new replies.