h90 latency on inserts

Home Forums Products Stompboxes h90 latency on inserts

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      nico___
      Participant

Hi, I noticed that when I activate the h90 with a distortion in insert 1 or 2, with the preset a or b active, the clean sound of the guitar is heard for a very short time before the distortion of my pedal goes in, this does not happen if I have active just the insert without algorithms (with the through only).
      This annoying delay, it’s especially noticeable when I switch from the rhythm loop (h90 off) to the loop I use for solos (h90 with a b algo active +distortion on insert2)

i use moen gec8 live midi looper.

nico___
      Participant

it’s like in the h90 is activated first the algos (so the clean guitar sound) and after the inserts (in my case the distortion pedal), with a noticeable latency.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Do you have any parallel signal paths in any of your Programs? Can you share a few Programs where you experience this issue?

nico___
      Participant

the latency persist even with the algos in bypass mode

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

If you can, please export the program out of H90 Control and post it here please.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I cannot replicate this issue. Disconnect the H90 from your loop switcher and see if you can replicate the problem. Are you on the latest H90 software version?

nico___
      Participant

i have tested the same program with the algos in  bypass and the latency persist, than without algo in utility thru and it work pefectly with no latency(only insert2), in the end i have tested 1 algo in thru and the other algo with simple digital delay and the latency decreased, almost halved.

it is as if the algorithms have a latency weight in the activation.

p.s i used Upload Attachments for the program but i don’t if it works.

nico___
      Participant

Latest h90 firmware software version, king of tone clone in the insert loop.

Tomorrow i will test it out of the switch looper and send you programs 👍

nico___
      Participant

I think I understand the problem, basically when I activate the loop with the h90, for a fraction of a second the guitar sound passes from the program that is currently loaded on the eventide to then pass to the program recalled via midi by the looper. This is because the analog loop is faster than the “process” of changing programs on the h90.

In fact, this does not happen if instead of the algorithms I load only insert 2(or 1) and always recall via midi.

therefore the problem is the latency that is created in loading 2 algorithms and not in the transmission of the midi program change itself.

obviously if you use the buttons on the h90 this problem apparently doesn’t exist because I feel like the latency has been balanced, I don’t feel the immediacy of the preset change in the same speed as an analog looper to understand.

that’s why if instead of 2 algorithms I load only 1 I feel less latency, maybe just half

In summary, therefore, the slow midi communication does not seem to be the problem, perhaps the algorithm loading process should be optimised/speeded up.

toumpouris
      Participant

I had a lot of latency as well, but i think problem solved.

I changed in the plugin,bypass to dsp, and kill dry ON.

Play with these two settings based on your needs, it worked for me.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.