H90 Looper transport problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Looper transport problem

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      coirbidh_99
      Participant

I’m noticing that my H90 (original OS version – not yet updated) has difficulty looping cleanly – it seems to flub the beginning of the recording, sometimes affecting the loop timing and sometimes just omitting the first note even when the timing is correct. This appears to happen regardless of whether I’m using the on-device 1-button looper switch or the Record command mapped to a 3-button aux switch (I haven’t tried it with MIDI). Tempo is off on the Looper algorithm. I’d chalk it up to operator error, but I don’t have a problem punching in and out cleanly in SOS mode on my Volante. Any suggestions? (Really hoping this is a known bug that will go away if I update the device!)

coirbidh_99
      Participant

Any suggestions on this? Updating to the latest firmware did not correct the problem.

brock
      Participant

I’m going to take a wild stab at this; no doubt you have already eliminated the usual suspects.  But I noticed having similar aux switch / looper issues at the start.  Turns out the parameters were triggering on (momentary switch) release.

Aux switches that I’ve always used elsewhere; never adjusted the options (intentionally).  I use a pair of Boss FS-6s.  Flipped the polarity switches, and that’s what it was.  Momentary on switch press.

I’m not projecting that as your issue there.  Something I ran into myself.

coirbidh_99
      Participant

I’m going to take a wild stab at this; no doubt you have already eliminated the usual suspects. But I noticed having similar aux switch / looper issues at the start. Turns out the parameters were triggering on (momentary switch) release. Aux switches that I’ve always used elsewhere; never adjusted the options (intentionally). I use a pair of Boss FS-6s. Flipped the polarity switches, and that’s what it was. Momentary on switch press. I’m not projecting that as your issue there. Something I ran into myself.

An interesting observation. I don’t think it’s causing my issue, though, because I’m having the same problem with the onboard switches. Calibrating the aux switch also shows the appropriate triggers lighting up on press, not release.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi coirbidh_99

Did the update solve your issues?

coirbidh_99
      Participant

Apologies – with one thing and another, I haven’t had a chance to give the new update a proper run-through. I’ll report back this weekend. Appreciate the check-in!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

coirbidh_99, Actually, we are still working to resolve the looper issue. Please stay tuned for an update. I’ll post it here when it has been resolved.

brock
      Participant

I just booted up, and noticed the 1.3.0 update available.  Release notes indicate 1-button looper improvements on rec/play transition, DynaVerb Omni, and other fixes.  About to check it out myself.

zambiland
      Participant

I just booted up, and noticed the 1.3.0 update available. Release notes indicate 1-button looper improvements on rec/play transition, DynaVerb Omni, and other fixes. About to check it out myself.

I don’t see 1.3.0. Is this a beta release?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes, this is technically a release for beta testers. Will be publicly available soon.

coirbidh_99
      Participant

The 1.3 update seems to have done the trick, at least as far as the 1-button looper is concerned – I haven’t tried mapping the aux switches yet. Thanks for getting on this!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Thank you for reporting back.

beano619
      Participant

Joecozzi.   Any update to the looper.  My problem is that when I assign a midi cc to that button and make it as a one looper it may work for a loop, but then stop working and reset the buttons function to the standard.  Is this still in the works for being fixed?  Thanks!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry, it’s not quite clear what the issue you are having is, and this doesn’t seem to be the same thing as the original issue reported.

Can you provide step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue you are having?

beano619
      Participant

Sorry, it’s not quite clear what the issue you are having is, and this doesn’t seem to be the same thing as the original issue reported. Can you provide step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue you are having?

no problem. This happened when using the app or on the pedal.  I’ll tell you when assigning on the app. I add the basic loop to my pedal. I have the clock responding to midi to sync with my other pedals. When I assign the button (a or b depending on which side I added the effect) to trigger the 1-step function so I can start/stop/erase with one pedal using the Morningstar for midi.  I’ve tried both the assigning of the cc number and the midi learn.  From there it seems to work for maybe one loop then it gets reset to act/byp for that button.  What am I doing wrong and let me if you have any other questions.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for providing these instructions, but I can’t seem to reproduce this. When I assign a MIDI CC to control the 1-button looper, the mapping will remain after I have started/stopped the loop a few times.

If you could record a video of this issue and email it to support@eventide.com that would be helpful.

brock
      Participant

… This happened when using the app or on the pedal. I’ll tell you when assigning on the app. I add the basic loop to my pedal. I have the clock responding to midi to sync with my other pedals. When I assign the button (a or b depending on which side I added the effect) to trigger the 1-step function so I can start/stop/erase with one pedal using the Morningstar for midi. I’ve tried both the assigning of the cc number and the midi learn. From there it seems to work for maybe one loop then it gets reset to act/byp for that button. What am I doing wrong and let me if you have any other questions.

I was working on something similar this past weekend.  I couldn’t reproduce the issue, either.

Any chance you can hook up the Morningstar to a MIDI Monitor?  From an outsider’s POV, it seems to me like the Morningstar might be transmitting some additional MIDI messages?

Just a guess, but I’d check the Global MIDI or other Program assignments in the H90, especially the various Act/Byp & HS parameters.  I’ve gotten nailed (inadvertently, more than once) by LEARN with an intermittent CC#0 Bank Change from an S/A Reflex, or upstream synth.

Modica Music
      Participant

I am not clear as to how I can loop with h90 . Do I need an external pedal to trigger the loop recording function or can I assign one of the switches ? The manual is not clear on how to loop or it could just be me 🙂

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

The easiest way is to go into PERFORM mode and assign the “1-Button Looper” option to a footswitch:

Press once to record
        Press again to play the loop
        Press and hold to undo/redo
        Double tap to stop playback
        While the loop is stopped, press and hold to empty the loop.

You may also assign individual looper functions like Record, Play, Stop, Empty and UNDO/REDO to a footswitch in PERFORM mode. For these it’s best to assign them to an external aux switch or MIDI controller.

Modica Music
      Participant

Do i need an external foot switch to loop or can I use the h90 pedal ?

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

You may use the H90 pedal. As I explained above, the easiest way to loop is assign the looper algorithm to a side and go into PERFORM mode. Assign the 1-button looper to the corresponding footswitch.

Modica Music
      Participant

Where do I find the 1-button looper ?

coirbidh_99
        Participant

It’s a Performance switch option. Check the manual if you aren’t sure how to assign switch functions in PERFORM mode.

Peter Baird
        Participant

This took me quite a while to figure out as well. When you have the Basic Looper program loaded, the Looper is in the A slot. Press PERFORM. Since the middle of the three switches is mapped to the A slot, that’s the one you switch to 1-Button Looper. To do that, press the LED-backlit button just above the button to cycle through functions. Eventually you will get to 1-Button Looper.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.