H90 Looper transport problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Looper transport problem

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      coirbidh_99
      Participant

I’m noticing that my H90 (original OS version – not yet updated) has difficulty looping cleanly – it seems to flub the beginning of the recording, sometimes affecting the loop timing and sometimes just omitting the first note even when the timing is correct. This appears to happen regardless of whether I’m using the on-device 1-button looper switch or the Record command mapped to a 3-button aux switch (I haven’t tried it with MIDI). Tempo is off on the Looper algorithm. I’d chalk it up to operator error, but I don’t have a problem punching in and out cleanly in SOS mode on my Volante. Any suggestions? (Really hoping this is a known bug that will go away if I update the device!)

coirbidh_99
      Participant

Any suggestions on this? Updating to the latest firmware did not correct the problem.

brock
      Participant

I’m going to take a wild stab at this; no doubt you have already eliminated the usual suspects.  But I noticed having similar aux switch / looper issues at the start.  Turns out the parameters were triggering on (momentary switch) release.

Aux switches that I’ve always used elsewhere; never adjusted the options (intentionally).  I use a pair of Boss FS-6s.  Flipped the polarity switches, and that’s what it was.  Momentary on switch press.

I’m not projecting that as your issue there.  Something I ran into myself.

coirbidh_99
      Participant

I’m going to take a wild stab at this; no doubt you have already eliminated the usual suspects. But I noticed having similar aux switch / looper issues at the start. Turns out the parameters were triggering on (momentary switch) release. Aux switches that I’ve always used elsewhere; never adjusted the options (intentionally). I use a pair of Boss FS-6s. Flipped the polarity switches, and that’s what it was. Momentary on switch press. I’m not projecting that as your issue there. Something I ran into myself.

An interesting observation. I don’t think it’s causing my issue, though, because I’m having the same problem with the onboard switches. Calibrating the aux switch also shows the appropriate triggers lighting up on press, not release.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.