H90 Midi – Cue a program without loading

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Midi – Cue a program without loading

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      tessier.mathieu
      Participant

As title says, how to cue a specific program without loading it yet ?

In the midi implementation I only see increment and decrement cue, but can’t jump to a specific one.

thanks ! I love my H90 so far !

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi tessier.mathieu,

It is not possible to cue up a non-sequential Program. I recommend organizing your list such that if you want to cue up a program without using the onboard controls, but rather, using MIDI, then assigning CC# to increment and decrement commands is the only way. MIDI, as far as I’m aware, does not have a CUE UP equivalent to a PC command. By the very nature of how Program Changes work in MIDI, whenever one is executed it automatically loads the program.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

When using a MIDI controller for Program Changes, we can think of each sound as cued up until you press a switch that executes a program change that goes directly to another sound and activates it. Maybe I’m misinterpreting what you’re trying to do but what’s the benefit of cueing up a sound as opposed to going directly to it with a button press, a program change. That’s the power of MIDI.

tessier.mathieu
      Participant

I’m trying to figure out how to use my morningstar MC6 with my H90, that would work for me. I really like the bank mode on the H90. So I’m trying to jump from one bank to another with my MC6, instead of increment and decrement to the desired bank. (I don’t want to tap dance 10 time to get to bank 10)

Once I got to my bank, I thought I could chose the right program I’m looking for at that moment. Hence the bank cue or program cue questions.

Right now the best I can do is a PC change to one of the program of a bank.

Since the H90 have a nice bank mode, nice program name and nice screen, I don’t want to replicate all of those bank name and program name in my MC6.

But maybe I’m not having the right approach for using the two together.

thanks for the quick response !

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

So I’m trying to jump from one bank to another with my MC6, instead of increment and decrement to the desired bank. (I don’t want to tap dance 10 time to get to bank 10)

The only way around this is to set up PC changes that correspond to the first Program in a Bank. So, to access Bank 3 you would send PC#4. To access Bank 10 you would send PC#28. Keep in mind this is going to load the sound, but if you’re doing this between songs, that’s okay. Otherwise, you could save those Programs in bypass mode to start, so when they are recalled they are in bypass mode until you activate.

Once I got to my bank, I thought I could chose the right program I’m looking for at that moment. Hence the bank cue or program cue questions.

Using the method outlined still works because if you recall the first program in a bank, you will see all three Programs on the pedal.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.