H90 Midi Out LEDs

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Midi Out LEDs

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      deejayreissue
      Participant

Hey,

With the H90 control software, is it possible to set MIDI Note output for LEDs on controllers?

brock
      Participant

Currently there is no support for MIDI Note messages.  And the main LEDs are locked to the current state as visual feedback indicators.

You could also mean the little input signal / clipping indicators (also single purpose).

As far as I know, the only indication for MIDI (CC in only) would be the parameter LEARN function, or the changing display with a CC already mapped to a parameter.

deejayreissue
      Participant

Hey, when I say MIDI note that can still mean the number conversion that notes are given, Like the below link.

https://www.inspiredacoustics.com/en/MIDI_note_numbers_and_center_frequencies

What I am referring to related to MIDI OUTPUT and whether I can select the note number for the LED of a button on an external controller, so that it lights up when certain functions are active or toggled on the H90.

This is really basic functionality that most MIDI editor software is capable of.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

As Brock said, the H90 cannot output MIDI note data, so this is not possible. The chart you shared shows that MIDI note numbers can have corresponding frequencies, but since the H90 cannot output MIDI note data, this does not apply.

The H90 can output MIDI CC data, but only by transmitting an aux switch or expression pedal as a MIDI CC. See MIDI Transmit here: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/system-menu/midi.html

It sounds like you may be referring to MIDI feedback. For example, if CC1 on your MIDI controller bypasses a Program and an LED indicates whether that controller is on/off, the H90 would also send MIDI data to toggle the LED status. This is not currently possible on the H90.

You can configure your MIDI controller trigger functions on the H90, but the H90 will not send any data back to the controllers.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.