H90 New Preset – how to?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 New Preset – how to?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Shor
      Participant

Hi,

Just received my H90 yesterday, and I am more than impressed by it so far.

However, I am running into a bit of a curious ‘problem’.
      How do you create your own presets? Neither in H90 interface or in the H90 control app have I figured out how to make a new preset from scratch.

The only way I worked out how to make a new one right now is by loading existing presets, and then saving/renaming them.

Is there any way to simply add an algorithm to a program without having to search for a saved preset using it?

I have an Eventide Space which lets me browse algorithms, and as far as I can recall, you could also browse algorithms on the H9, but I haven’t yet figured out how that works on H90.

brockstar
      Participant

If you want to completely make a new program from scratch then open control app and top left and click on “USER 1” and drop down will happen, then click on “USER 2” and this will start a new place for you to build your own programs.

How to begin on control app:

1) In the control app go to preset library at the bottom right

2) Once there, click on preset A or B default name at the top

3) Choose from a list of presets to add to either section A or B

4) Tweak, twiddle, twist knobs until you have something you like in both preset A and B sections

5) Click that “SAVE” button top right of control app.

You can do all of this on the H90 as well but a little more cumbersome until you learn it

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.1.2/content/edit-modes/programs.html#saving-programs

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.1.2/content/edit-modes/presets.html#saving-presets

Shor
      Participant

Thanks for the reply!

However, this quoted part is exactly what I want to avoid. I just want to add an algorithm without having to use an existing preset.

So ideally I’d like to just start a new program, select an algorithm such as Digital Delay, and then start working on it. Right now I have to select from a list of presets using that algorithm.

brockstar
        Participant

I don’t believe there’s a way to do that.

Sorbz62
      Participant

Thanks for the reply!

<p style=”text-align: right;”>However, this quoted part is exactly what I want to avoid. I just want to add an algorithm without having to use an existing preset. So ideally I’d like to just start a new program, select an algorithm such as Digital Delay, and then start working on it. Right now I have to select from a list of presets using that algorithm.

</p>
      I think you need to change your approach to this pedal, as you are not choosing a programme but a preset, effectively adding an algo to either A or B.

If you choose a preset by doing what Brockstar says, you are adding a single algo to A, exactly the same as you would do on the H9, except it will have settings from the used preset. Understand?

You then add an algo to B from another preset. It’s very simple.

Shor
      Participant

Thanks.

I already know how to make a new program and add presets to it.
      I was just after a way to add an algorithm from a short list instead of having to always base it off of an existing preset.

I don’t know need change my approach as I was already doing it the intended way, but I was hoping to be able to just add an algorithm instead of a preset. Would make for a quicker workflow and a shorter list.

apalazzolo
        Participant

I don’t know how to add an algorithm … other than adding a preset made by an algorithm (what you want to avoid).

This may or may not help (not sure) but the H90 has FAVORITE and USER PRESETS parameters (near the top of the preset library page) that narrows preset search results pretty fast.  So, for example, if you have 20 presets flagged as favorites, that’s your short list right there.  Similarly, if you have only created 20 presets, you can select the USER PRESETS parameter and access a short list.

Hope that helps.

Shor
        Participant

Thanks! That’s a pretty clever way to go about this.
        It’s not what I was hoping to be able to do, but this effectively accomplishes the same thing. Thank you again for some creative thinking.

Sorbz62
      Participant

Suit yourself

nene
      Participant

Might be a silly question but in H9, I used to create multiple user presets under an algorithm and name it as a preset list , ie digital delay user preset list. Can we do the same in h90 control app or would we be able to utilise the 5 user list for such preset list?

apalazzolo
        Participant

There are icons for create, delete, and rename lists in the bottom left of the Control App EDIT screen.  You can do a lot with them just like with the H9.

nene
      Participant

There are icons for create, delete, and rename lists in the bottom left of the Control App EDIT screen. You can do a lot with them just like with the H9.

thanks. Will try it out

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.