H90 Octave for bass suggestions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Octave for bass suggestions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dirtybuck
      Participant

I had a pretty good Octave setting for my 4 string on my old H9. Good (but not great) tracking etc.
      Unfortunately, with the H90, I have yet to find a great setting. The single note tracking on the G string, say, 4th fret, is particularly bad.
      I messed around with Poly Octave, good tracking, but just not the right sound. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and settings.

zambiland
      Participant

I’ve been looking for the same thing. My Lexicon MPX G2, a much older device, manages this perfectly.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Do you have the Source Type of the H90 set to Bass? This is essential for the pitch tracker algorithms to work properly with a Bass.

You can also try changing the instrument type in Polyphony from pitched to percussive to see how you like the sound/feel. Pitched is recommended for larger interval shifts.

dirtybuck
        Participant

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it’s set to bass. And thanks for the Poly tip. Not a huge difference, but good to know that info.
        It’s strange that poly tracks incredibly well, and the regular octaver, not so much. If I could get that same warm sound from the Poly,
        I would be all set, but that’s still hard to obtain. Any other tips for better tracking would be appreciated!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.