H90 pads for soloing

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 pads for soloing

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Danmusic1968
      Participant

I own two H90’s and wanted some ideas for ambient pads to play over top of with my guitar. I do not want the sound to get too muddy so that everything is lost of either too much guitar or too much effect. Maybe this involves using the looper.

Thanks in advance.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

It depends on what kind of pads you are interested in. The newest PolySynth has a freeze effect that allows you to freeze/sustain the synth sound and then solo on top of it. Here’s a great example of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XM2WSsQ9Qk

You can do the same thing with Polyphony if you’d prefer for the pad to be less of a synth tone. The looper would also work well for this.

brock
      Participant

The SIFT algorithms mentioned above are fantastic for pads.  I’d like to add that any reverb algorithm works nicely for pads with INF, FREEZE, or extremely long Decay options, and these can be faded in & out with an expression pedal / MIDI.

You’ll only need one H90 for this; perhaps just 1/2 of one.  All of the mixing options are there to ensure the right balance between dry & effect, at both the Program & Preset levels.

apalazzolo
      Participant

The UltraTap algorithm has a factory preset called UltraSwell that is a great starting point for pads.  You can control that with an expression pedal for smoother fade-out.  Or you can put reverb after it to smooth out the release.   Perhaps you can track that into the looper and then play over that by swapping in another preset to play along with the loop?  Good luck!

brock
      Participant

Good point.  I didn’t want to confuse the issue in my reply, but many of the delay algorithms can mimic pads, with a healthy amount of SLUR / SLURM applied.  Sometimes, you don’t even need that [Ducked Delay with legato input].

It never ceases to amaze me how any given algorithm can be re-purposed for another unintended or less-than-obvious use.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.