H90 Power draw & routing

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Power draw & routing

Tagged: 

• This topic has 22 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 4 days ago by peaceonu.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      MrClean
      Participant

Hi all, just ordered y H90, thanks again Eventide for the continued evolution of the product line ! Couple of questions: what’s the power draw in milliamps for power brick integration ? Are the routing combinations (in/out/stereo/dual mono) configurable on a per preset basis ?

thanks

MrClean
      Participant

Should add – I mean the I/O config routing (not the internal signal path)

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

What’s the power draw in milliamps for power brick integration? 

Although we provide a 12V 1 amp power adapter, the H90 can be powered with 600mA. Testing with our own PowerMax/Mini products we can safely run it at 12V 500mA because of the excellent efficiency of those power supplies. 9V works as well, but it’s a hungry 800mA.

Are the routing combinations (in/out/stereo/dual mono) configurable on a per preset basis ? thanks

The H90 has two global routing modes – Dual mode and Insert Mode. When you designate one, the program routing (series-parallel, insert positions [insert mode only]) can change on a program basis. Keep in mind, however, that Programs designed in Insert Mode do not work in Dual mode and Vice versa.

jm345
        Participant

What’s the power draw in milliamps for power brick integration?

Although we provide a 12V 1 amp power adapter, the H90 can be powered with 600mA. Testing with our own PowerMax/Mini products we can safely run it at 12V 500mA because of the excellent efficiency of those power supplies. 9V works as well, but it’s a hungry 800mA.

————

I have a power brick (Voodoo Power 3 Plus). Would combining two 9V 500mA outputs with a current adapter to get 9V 1000mA work OK?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes. Voodoo makes the Current Doubler adapter.

jm345
      Participant

Thank you!

lelevox
      Participant

And what about ciocks DC7?

it provides max 12v 500ma

is a double cable needed in this case too?
      thanks

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

A single 12V 500mA outlet from a DC7 will power the H90.

coirbidh_99
        Participant

But *not* the 12V 400mA outlet from the original PowerFactor? That’s what I’m using now, and it *seems* to be working properly, but I’m starting to get a little paranoid about it.

MrClean
      Participant

Hi all, and Eventide gurus ! The complexities of electricity !

Just to confirm (as im a bit nervous about hitting the unit with 18v)  – 2@ 9 volt, 400ma outputs combined with the Voodoo Lab current doubler https://voodoolab.com/product/current-doubler-adapter/ will work with the H90 and not damage the unit ?

I am using the following https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PedalPwrDig–voodoo-lab-pedal-power-digital-4-output-isolated-guitar-pedal-power-supply

Utilising the two 9 volt 400ma outputs as described above. Thanks !

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

But *not* the 12V 400mA outlet from the original PowerFactor? That’s what I’m using now, and it *seems* to be working properly, but I’m starting to get a little paranoid about it.

We do not recommend under powering the unit with only 400mA.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Just to confirm (as im a bit nervous about hitting the unit with 18v) – 2@ 9 volt, 400ma outputs combined with the Voodoo Lab current doubler https://voodoolab.com/product/current-doubler-adapter/ will work with the H90 and not damage the unit ? I am using the following https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PedalPwrDig–voodoo-lab-pedal-power-digital-4-output-isolated-guitar-pedal-power-supply Utilising the two 9 volt 400ma outputs as described above. Thanks !

You will be alright.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

By the way, this cable s doubles the current not the voltage, so you’re not hitting it with 18v.

MrClean
      Participant

Thankyou joecozzi  – fed ex mentioned my unit is somewhere south of Hawaii over the pacific. Hopefully it will get to Australia (without a stop over at the Marshall Islands) 😀

ed536m
      Participant

I have a cioks dc5 if I use the CIOKS 4022 Type 4 Stack Flex Power in the outs that have 300ma each would that be enough to power the H90? Two 12v at 400 ma each.

thanks

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I have a cioks dc5 if I use the CIOKS 4022 Type 4 Stack Flex Power in the outs that have 300ma each would that be enough to power the H90? Two 12v at 400 ma each. thanks

No. The stack flex cable is used to add the voltages of each outlet. The H90 cannot accept 18V or 24V.

ed536m
      Participant

I have a cioks dc5 if I use the CIOKS 4022 Type 4 Stack Flex Power in the outs that have 300ma each would that be enough to power the H90? Two 12v at 400 ma each. thanks

No. The stack flex cable is used to add the voltages of each outlet. The H90 cannot accept 18V or 24V.

Ok thanks. Is it the cioks 8800 that doubles the ma? So if I used two 12v 300ma outlets with cioks 8800 will that then provide it 12v 600ma and would that be safe?

thanks again

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes and yes.

canadabikedude
      Participant

Hey there. Looking forward to receiving my unit soon. I am currently running power to m H9 with current doubler cable from my Voodoo Labs pedal power two from the two “Line6” outlets. Will this work for the H90 as well?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

If the dip switch is ON for 12V functionality and you use a current doubling cable, you’ll achieve the minimum amount of power to turn the unit on. So, the answer to will it work is yes. However, at boot up, the H90 spikes to about 550mA. I am not familiar with that power supplies ability to handle that since this method would only top out at 500mA. I would search elsewhere.

zambiland
      Participant

I just confirmed with True Tone that their CS7 will power the H90. Even though the highest current output is listed as 500ma, the total current load can be up to 1900ma which is automatically distributed as needed, as long as the total draw doesn’t exceed that total current number. Given that my other pedals draw about 200ma, I have a fair amount of headroom.

peaceonu
        Participant

Hi

I have a JUMA pedal power from stymon and it has 12V 500mA output option. Do I still have to use current doubling cable for the enough amount of current?

Thanks!

peaceonu
        Participant

I’ve just found that JUMA 12V provides 350mA not 500mA, so I would need use current doubling cable.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.