H90 preset help

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 preset help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ear5555
      Participant

Is there a way to delete presets? Here’s my issue: I have a preset named “echo” and have 5-6 programs that contain the preset “echo”. Whenever I edit the parameters of “echo” in a program I’m asked to confirm that “echo” will be overwritten with these new parameters. I select “yes” because I want it to be overwritten. I assume since this preset has been overwritten with new parameters that all of the “echo” presets across all of my programs will be changed to these parameters because I’ve now edited and overwritten the preset. Isn’t this how it should work? My issue is that I now have 5 presets with the same title “echo”. So instead of actually overwriting the existing preset it appears to be creating new presets with the same name. Having multiple presets with the exact same name is beyond confusing. Please help me figure this out. Thank you.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Yes, you can delete a preset by going to the Preset Library, right-clicking a Preset, and selecting “Delete From Library”.

There is no way to edit a preset and have all instances of that preset be updated across all of your Programs. If you add your “echo” preset to another Program and then overwrite the preset, this will create a new Preset with the same name and add it to the library.

If you start with your “echo” preset, edit the Parameters, and save the Program instead of the Preset, you will now have a Program with different “echo” Preset parameters without saving another copy of the “echo” preset. Note that changing these “echo” Preset parameters will not affect other Programs with the same Preset.

Alternatively, you can give unique names to your presets such as “1/4 note echo” or “echo 200ms” to avoid confusion.

ear5555
        Participant

Thank you. This is very helpful. Is there any way to delete the presets from the pedal itself? I don’t use H90 control.

ear5555
      Participant

Thank you. This is very helpful. Is there any way to delete the presets from the pedal itself? I don’t use H90 control.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You’re welcome.

No you cannot delete Presets from the Library using the pedal, you’ll have to use H90 Control for that.

I would suggest using H90 Control so you can delete the unwanted duplicate presets and then use unique preset names in the future so you don’t run into this issue again.

ear5555
        Participant

I understand what your saying. Just to clarify, I have been using unique preset names. I use my H90 in bank mode. There’s a specific delay preset, “echo”, that I use in many songs. Thus, there are many programs that are a combination of “echo” and another preset. The issue now is that if I want to change the parameters of “echo”, it means I want ‘echo” to have the same parameters across all the programs that use the “echo” preset. If this wasn’t my intent, I would absolutely use a different name for that preset because it wouldn’t be the same combination of algorithm and parameters. Instead, I end up with more than one “echo” preset and have to cycle through them all while going back and editing every program that contains “echo”. I would never intentionally want two different sets of parameters to have the same name. That wouldn’t make sense. Now if I want to create a new program using my current “echo” preset, I have to cycle through it and the other 4 old “echo” presets to find the right one. There has to be a better way. I’m honestly surprised the H90 will allow you to have multiple presets with the same name. Much like a PC won’t allow you to save two files of the same format with the exact same name. Otherwise you can’t tell them apart without going through one by one and opening them.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.