h90 Routing Questions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes h90 Routing Questions

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      senseofsound34
      Participant

Can a mono loop be configured during stereo effect with h90? In this setting, the in-out is as follows:
      In 1/2 = Stereo Source
      Out 3 = signal send (to mono effect)
      In 3 = signal return (from mono effect)
      Out 1/2 = Master output.
      Also, I want to know what signals can be sent out 3 (the dry signal or after processing blocks).

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Can a mono loop be configured during stereo effect with h90? In this setting, the in-out is as follows:In 1/2 = Stereo SourceOut 3 = signal send (to mono effect)In 3 = signal return (from mono effect)Out 1/2 = Master output.

Yes. If a mono insert is used in a stereo signal chain, the algorithms configure themselves for mono output if placed after an algorithm. If placed before, the H90 treats it as mono in stereo out.

Also, I want to know what signals can be sent out 3 (the dry signal or after processing blocks).

Each insert has a Mix control that adjusts the balance between the H90’s signal and the loop effect at the insert point; by default, Mix is set at 100%. So the answer to your question depends on where in the signal chain the Insert is placed. If placed before any effects, you’ll be able to send dry signal. If the insert(s) appears after any algorithm, you can send that signal and adjust the mix between the insert and that algorithm’s signal.

uncuredporkpie
      Participant

Am I able to incorporate the h90 into my boss es8 loop selector with one algorithm in mono in one loop, and the second in stereo in another loop?

This would let me position other stomps before, between and after the two h90 fx.

Many thanks

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes. This would be optimal using Dual Routing mode, where the H90 essentially becomes two separate effects processors. Each path, A or B, can be run in mono or stereo.

uncuredporkpie
      Participant

Great – thank you

senseofsound34
      Participant

Thank you so much!

WimDB
      Participant

Another H90 routing question:

Can the stereo output in (Dual Inserts with a DAW or Mixing Console mode) of engine A & B be summed together tot output 1 & 2 of the unit ?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

No. In Dual Mode, the H90 behaves like two separate stereo effects processors and cannot be combined or summed.

If you’re up for experimenting, try switching to Insert Mode and putting the algorithms in parallel routing. Next, create a stereo insert and place it before algorithm “B.” Connect one path to I/O 1&2 like normal but connect the other path to inputs 3&4, which are the insert inputs. I imagine, since only the Return of the insert is connected as an input, none of the signal from I/O 1&2 is mixed with the insert effectively giving you two separate paths. Consequently, since the algorithms are in parallel they get summed at the end like you want. Try that.

WimDB
      Participant

We’re going to try this, thanks for the advice.

Should it still be possible via further software updates, it would be fabulous !

ulysseruel
      Participant

Hi

What if two mono inserts are used in parallel of the H90 presets? Does the pedal confugure itself to stereo out so we still have the stereo image from the H90 presets, combined to the instert’s signals?

Thank you!

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

Correct.

ulysseruel
        Participant

Awesome.

Also, with that setup, if I have a stereo input into the H90, does my signal will maintain his original stereo imaging (plus any H90 effects) despite the mono inserts in parallel? Will it sum at some point?

To be clear, my setup would be:

STEREO IN the H90 (ping ping delay) ->

-> mono insert 1 (parallel)
        -> mono insert 2 (parallel)
        -> H90 preset 1 (parallel or series with preset 2)
        -> H90 preset 2 (parallel or series with preset 1)

-> STEREO OUT of the H90 (pinh pong delay + other stuff)

Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.