H90 routing two stereo inputs to one stereo output

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 routing two stereo inputs to one stereo output

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      AlainTH
      Participant

Hi all,

i just received a h90 and will use it with synths in stereo.

it would be nice (but maybe it is already possible but i i have not seen that in the manual) to have a routing which permit to have:

– for 1 stereo input (jacks inputs 1/ 2): two effects in serie A and B output on jacks Out 1 /2

–  and for a second stereo input (jacks inputs 3/4) only the B effect (and  ouput also on jacks Out 1/2)

say A is a delay and B a reverb: the 1st stereo signal pass trough delay and reverb, the 2nd signal pass onnly through the reverb.

<p class=”simple-translate-result” dir=”auto”></p>
      <p class=”simple-translate-candidate” dir=”auto”></p>

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi AlainTH,

Congrats on your new H90 and thank you for your support. What you are looking for is a way to mix two signals but have one instrument not be affected by one of the algorithms. This can be done in Insert Routing mode (default) using a stereo insert as an injector.

-Press Routing to enter the routing menu. Make sure you’re using a series routing signal flow.
      -Turn the third Quick Knob until it says Stereo Insert.
      -Turn the first Quick Knob to position the stereo insert in between A & B.
      -Connect your second synth to Inputs 3&4. Leave Outputs 3 & 4 disconnected.
      -In the Routing menu, turn the Select knob to access the Insert parameters. Notice the third option on the display is “Mix.” This is the insert return Mix. Set this to 50%.
      -Now, you will be able to mix the signal connected to inputs 1&2 with the signal from 3&4. The signal on 3&4, however, will not be affected by effect A, whereas the signal at inputs 1&2 will go through both algorithms A & B.

AlainTH
      Participant

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

i am interested to use two stereo synths.i had read the stereo insert chapter in the manual, but i understood that in “serie routing” the first inputs had to be monophonic (in the manual only the input 1 is used for a guitar), not stereo?

thank again

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

i understood that in “serie routing” the first inputs had to be monophonic (in the manual only the input 1 is used for a guitar), not stereo?

That is incorrect. The H90 accepts mono or stereo inputs in Insert Routing mode.

AlainTH
      Participant

excellent!

graintable
      Participant

Great feature! I’m also trying to run two stereo synths into the H90. It would be awesome if you could control the routing for stereo inputs 1&2 like the inserts. So input 3+4 could go in series through effect A+B and inputs 1+2 could “injector” into just effect B and everything comes out stereo output 1&2. (feature request?)

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

This is not currently possible, but I can log your feature request.

When using 2 presets in parallel on the H90, you can have Inputs 1-2 processed by Preset A, and 3-4 processed by Preset B, or vice versa. This will be determined by where your stereo insert is placed in the path; place it before Preset A and inputs 3-4 will be processed by Preset A, while inputs 1-2 are only processed by Preset B.

Thingsthinker
      Participant

Hiya,

It’s been great reading about all the possibilities of the h90. I still have an H9 this will soon change 😉

One question I have about the routing options: is this saved into the preset? Or is this set globally?

Bit of backstory:
      I will use the H90 pedal with two synths and have them both use one algorithm. But performance wise during liveshows it would be great to sometimes have one synth use 2 algorithms for example (as stated in the comment above). I would then use my MPC live to send program change messages to the pedal and change the preset – but this will only work if its saved into the preset.

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

One question I have about the routing options: is this saved into the preset? Or is this set globally?

There are two global routing modes in the H90 – Insert and Dual Mode. Insert Mode allows positioning of two mono external effects loops within your signal flow. Dual mode does not have loops, but rather makes the H90 function as two independent processors. Once you designate which global mode you’ll use, then you can adjust the routing of the algorithms, series or parallel, within your signal flow; this is the setting that gets stored on a Program basis.

I will use the H90 pedal with two synths and have them both use one algorithm. But performance wise during liveshows it would be great to sometimes have one synth use 2 algorithms for example (as stated in the comment above).

I recommend using dual global routing mode. This way you can decide when either synth gets one, both, or none of the effects.

I would then use my MPC live to send program change messages to the pedal and change the preset – but this will only work if its saved into the preset.

To be clear, on the H90 we call them Programs. A program consists of two algorithms. The series-parallel routing gets stored on a program basis. The signal flow routing, Insert or Dual mode, gets set globally across all algorithms.

Thingsthinker
        Participant

Thanks for your thorough answer! I will see how to work with this when it gets here – very good to know though how the pedal is setup in terms of global options and on program basis.

udi9
      Participant

-Press Routing to enter the routing menu. Make sure you’re using a series routing signal flow
      .-Turn the third Quick Knob until it says Stereo Insert
      .-Turn the first Quick Knob to position the stereo insert in between A & B.
      -Connect your second synth to Inputs 3&4. Leave Outputs 3 & 4 disconnected.
      -In the Routing menu, turn the Select knob to access the Insert parameters. Notice the third option on the display is “Mix.” This is the insert return Mix.
      Set this to 50%.
      -Now, you will be able to mix the signal connected to inputs 1&2 with the signal from 3&4.
      The signal on 3&4, however, will not be affected by effect A, whereas the signal at inputs 1&2 will go through both algorithms A & B.

Hi @joecozzi,

This method is working great, and I’m able to process 2 stereo synths through one program (2 algos) and use one stereo output.
      The only downside I find is that, when bypassing the program (with the Active footswitch), the synth that is connected to inputs 3-4 is still being affected by the program and I have to bypass the algos separately to eliminate that.
      Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

Map “A act/byp” and “B act/byp” to the same aux switch. This way you can bypass both Presets at the same time with one switch.

What’s happening is the H90 is providing a direct connection to the outputs for I/O 1&2 when it’s bypassed. The inserts, however, remain open since I/O 3&4 were designed as effect loops. They remain open in case loop effects are still trailing out when the Program is bypassed. 3&4 are connected to the algorithms internally.

udi9
        Participant

I should have mentioned that I’m currently using an aux switch…. I was looking for a solution on the pedal itself. Sorry about that 🙏🏻

Anyway, not a huge deal. I’ll keep the external switch or do it manually.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.