H90 Routing with Factor Series

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Routing with Factor Series

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      AntCece
      Participant

Hello there, does anyone have experience with routing the H90 with 2 factor series TF + MF.
      I’m having some problems connecting the units via the 3d and 4th h90 input/output. Basically I’ve followed step by step the routing suggested but I’m experiencing some hiss and weird noises just when I move some knobs on the factor series.
      Anyone with some suggestions? TF & MF are powered up by eventide powerfactor.

Thank you!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

There shouldn’t be any issues with using those as 2 mono inserts.

Are these the instructions what you have followed? https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/setup/two-mono-inserts.html

The Factor pedals don’t have these issue when using them outside of the H90 insert path?

AntCece
      Participant

Thanks for your reply, I’ve followed the suggested steps, and especially the 2 factor don’t have this kind of issue when routed in series in the pedal chain; when routed as 2 mono inserts, when I active some fx or move some knobs with TF or MF the green led on it goes on red, seems to me like an overload. I’ve tried as well to change the routing preset of the factor but nothing’s changed.

thanks 🫶🏼

AntCece
      Participant

Update:

actually it worked for a while, it just worked well with TF routed in mono H90 3d out > TF input etc…

I’ve tried to connect MF in H90 4th Out and changing the h90’s  routing parameters   after a while feedback start to roar 😅 and I have to disconnect the cables because the hissing or feedback doesn’t stop when I tried to move the h90 routing parameters.

It seems to work in this way:

h90 3d output > MF Input//MF out to  TF In /// TF out to H90.
      to me this kind of issue seems an overload or something else dunno 🤷‍♂️

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Is your H90 updated to the latest software? This sounds like a bug in an older software that has been fixed. Please update your H90’s software to 1.3.0 and let me know what happens – https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/update.html

AntCece
      Participant

Thanks tbskoglund, unfortunately I’ve already updated to 1.3.0.075 🤷‍♂️

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Ok thanks for that information. Lets try some simple tests to rule out what may be causing the issue:

• Connect a patch cable directly from H90 output 3 to H90 input 3
      • In the routing menu, turn Quick Knob 2 to enable Insert 1. You should see signal on the input 3 LED but there should be no distortion etc.
      • Disconnect the patch cable and disable Insert 1
      • Connect a patch cable directly from H90 output 4 to H90 input 4
      • In the routing menu, turn Quick Knob 3 to enable Insert 2. You should see signal on the input 4 LED but there should be no distortion etc.

These tests should confirm that your H90’s insert paths are working correctly with no additional devices connected.

If those tests look good, try connecting your other devices one at a time into the insert paths, making sure you are connecting the inputs and outputs correctly. If the issue only happens with a particular pedal in the insert path, it may be an issue with that pedal.

AntCece
      Participant

Hello tbskoglund 🙏🏼

• H90 Out 3 to H90 In 3 linked  then green and red lights up on H90
        806F66DC-3BD3-4DAA-8079-53567750F6CA3357C9FD-C4E7-428F-8E5D-1E08CD78665A

Changing the routing seems to be effective to turn out the red light. But it shouldn’t be off in any case, am I right?

• H90 out 4 to H90 In 4 and there aren’t  signals of leds even if I change routing presets .

BB5DC4DA-F87D-4A7A-AABA-2F78B84AA7C4

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Sorry, but it looks like you aren’t connecting the correct jacks in the pictures you’ve sent, and that may be what is causing your issue in the first place.

In your first pic, it looks like you have connected output 1 to input 1, but your insert is active and preventing the feedback loop from happening.

In the second pic, you have connected output 2 to input 2, and this is creating a feedback loop (that’s why the LED is red, indicating that channel 2 is clipping.)

I think your issue may be that you were never hooking up insert 2 correctly in the first place, and you were creating a feedback loop using input/output jack 2.

I would suggest starting from the beginning, testing out 1 pedal with 1 insert at a time, and paying careful attention to which jacks you are connecting your pedals to to avoid creating feedback loops.

For Insert 1, you must use input/output jacks 3. For insert 2, you must use input/output jack 4. The jacks are all labeled on the back of the pedal, and this image shows the numbered jacks as well – https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/hardware/rear-side.html

AntCece
      Participant

I’m really sorry, my mistake 😂 everything works properly actually, I’ve always misconfused 3d h90 in/out with 2nd in/out. I’ve been so in rush these days that when I’ve followed your guidelines I forgot to give an input to let the led blink in some ways.
      thank you ver much for your patience, you are the best from many years 🫶🏼👾

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

You’re welcome, no apology necessary. Thanks for sharing the images of your setup, that was helpful for troubleshooting the issue. Glad to hear everything is working properly now!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.