H90 Starting programs at zero

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Starting programs at zero

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      guitarplyr
      Participant

I apologize if this has been covered or I missed it in the manual. All I am trying to do is scroll thru the factory presets via my Ground Control Pro and start at zero.

I initiated it on the controller but I still can get it to start at zero. If I tell the controller it starts at zero, footswitch #2 starts at #1 on the H90. If I change the controller and tell it to start at #1, preset #1 on the H90 doesnt start until  footswitch #3. I have the H9 and that works correctly (whereas #1 is #1 on both} but I am not sure why I cant get it on the H90. Thanks in advance for any help.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi guitarplyr, the Ground Control Pro should be set to “starts at 01” as the H90 does not make use of the MIDI standard of using PC#0 as preset 1. According to what you describe, it takes footswitch #3 to activate preset1, which does not make sense to me. Is it possible the Ground Control Pro buttons have custom programming other than the factory settings?

guitarplyr
      Participant

Yes, when changing the GC to start at #1 the H90 doesnt start until footswitch #3. If I change the GC to start at zero, the H90 will start on footswitch #2. My rack units,{Eclipse, 7000,Pcms} are all fine. It just seems to be the H90. Unless there is something that is glitched it doesnt make any sense to me either.

No, no custom buttons or programming on the GC thats what seems strange. I factory reset the H90 and the Ground control when I first started to notice the issue. Like I said, I can use my H9 and everything is fine. Have the latest software for the H90 and have factory reset.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

The H9 works at “Start at 0” correct?

guitarplyr
      Participant

Yes it does

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Does this happen when the H90 is connected directly to the GC? Is it possible a device connected via MIDI before the H90 is not causing problems with MIDI maps of any kind?

guitarplyr
      Participant

Nothing before it. Have the H9 after it, via midi thru. I also disconnected the H9 just for my own sanity. Should be an easy thing. LOL

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Wish I had more ideas for you. If this were my setup, I’d try initializing the GC back to factory settings because I still suspect something is up with the preset number mapping. If you feel so inclined, I’d probably recommend backing up your settings with a MIDI dump before you throw your whole system off. Two controllers in my studio work as intended and we don’t have a GC to try.

guitarplyr
      Participant

I dunno. It works with the H9 and every other rack effect I have. I will try again to initialize it but I tried that last week. I’ll report back either way. Thanks. I will actually try another controller all together as well

guitarplyr
      Participant

Just tried my Rocktron Midi Raider and same thing is happening. Although whether its set to zero or one on the controller, the programs on the H90 dont move on footswitch #1. It starts on footswitch #2. That one I just reset and its plugged directly into the h90. I am at a loss…..

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Curious, what software version are you running?

guitarplyr
      Participant

1 3 0 75  I noticed that was the latest so I upgraded today. Then started programming so I couldnt tell you if it was happening with an older version unfortunately.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Do you have the H90 on its own MIDI channel?

guitarplyr
      Participant

Yes. Right now its just Midi Raider into the H90 and thats it. I scrolled thru a few channels, up to 5 I think, and then also set it to omni. Same results each time.

Its like such a simple thing and yet no matter what I try it just does NOT want to start on #1. This is now on 2 midi controllers. There cant be some setting I am missing on the H90? I havent had a dumb problem like this since my first rack days back in the early 90s.. LOL

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

If you haven’t customized the H90 at all, try a factory reset. I’m curious if that resolves the issue. Again, doing so deletes all System prefs and erases custom presets.

guitarplyr
      Participant

Have done about 3 or 4 factory resets today with the H90. Same results each time.No good. Just for grins I tried my H9 with just the same Midi Raider I initialized earlier and nothing else. That works absolutely fine.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

From factory the H9 uses PC#0 to access preset 1. Did you ever program any custom map on the H9 to make up for this? Out of curiosity, can you check what PC# the GC is sending on the same MIDI channel as the H90? On the H90, PC#1 corresponds to preset 1.

guitarplyr
      Participant

Been so long with the h9 but I dont remember doing any custom mapping with the H9, but  1 is 1..2 is 2..etc..

On my controller the PC# is 1.No good. Now.. if this makes sense.. If I change that PC# to 2 on preset #1 on the controller I can actually get the pedal to line up I.E. 1 on the h90 and 1 on the controller. Preset 2 is where it goes south as no matter if I change the PC# to 2,3, or 1 it doesnt move. Same as if I was trying to pull up preset 1 and PC#1 on the controller. Hope that makes sense. All I am doing is just shifting the PC# up one, but it stops working on preset 2..

guitarplyr
      Participant

I downgraded and updated the firmware today and still no change. The Midi controller was reinitialized again as well. Anything I might have missed?

Tried calling Support but voice mail without the option to leave a message. I am not sure what else I can do on my end. Thanks.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi guitarplyr, Support is best reached by emailing support@eventide.com. I’m out of ideas but maybe they can recommend something else. Have you tried contacting Voodoo Labs support? Maybe they can recommend something else.

The only other thing I would try is using H90 Control to go down to the previous version of the H90 software to see if the problem persists. We just had an update but as far as I know, nothing related to MIDI was addressed, but it’s worth a shot.

As I was reading the Ground Control manual I thought there might be an issue with the way banks are programmed on each foot switch; there’s supposed to be set to Bank 0. I find it completely odd that when you tried to reprogram the switches manually, you could now access preset 1 but no other preset would work. Could the Bank thing be related somehow?

guitarplyr
      Participant

I pulled out the Ground Control for my other controller which is a Rocktron Midi Raider.I reinitialized that and checked all the settings. I am positive thats setup correctly as that one has been in my main rig for years so I am a lot more familiar with that over the Ground Control.

As far as the firmware for the H90 I did just that and downgraded to the earlier firmware and no luck.

The weird thing about when I programmed the switches was that I got 1 to 1 but 2 did not work at all. After that however it worked sequentially all the way up,but one number behind. I am out of ideas myself. All signs point to the H90 as I dont have any issues with ANY of my other units. The thing is it cant be hardware related and I’ve tried the firmware and factory resets. If it wasnt for the fact that I know I would get confused with it being 1 off and my other units line up I would just deal with it and move on. You havent had any complaints or issues about this other than me? I mean, this is just simple basic midi and I’m at a loss.

Thanks

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Up till now, no other complaints other than the 1 offset thing, which will be addressed in a future update. But your controller already has its own offset, which we’ve determined has not helped. As mentioned, it’s odd that manually programming the PC messages doesn’t allow you to resolve this problem. Contact support and see if maybe there’s some sort of MIDI diagnostic they can run. Try a different MIDI cable? (who knows)

I use a Morningstar MC6 MKII and I have each button programmed to send PC#1-99 and it works as intended. I have MIDI channel set to 3 and Receive Omni set to off.

guitarplyr
      Participant

Will do Joe. Would be great if there is some diagnostic they can run. In my small rig I have the PC#s all over the place to correspond to what ever program I tweaked and it works perfectly. Thanks very much for trying to help me rectify this situation. I have setup rigs with expression pedals, CC messages to control one part of a rack unit..ect.. and I cant get this to start at one!! LOL Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. Again, much appreciated for the help.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.