H90 troubleshooting: blank screen

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 troubleshooting: blank screen

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      jezelman
      Participant

I was super psyched to get my Eventide H90 after waiting three months for it to arrive after date of purchase. I’m pretty disappointed that after registering the unit and plugging it in that it just sits there when it’s plugged in, seemingly bypassed. but with all of the LED’s on including behind the select and perform knobs, but with a blank screen. I’ve tried powering it with the included power supply and with the appropriate cable on a Cioks DC7 power supply – no difference. The unit is also not being recognized in H90 control.

I’m guessing that it’s snagging somewhere in the startup sequence – has anyone else run into this?

If I’m not able to get this sorted out, I’ll have to return it I guess. I sold my H9 to help finance this purchase, and never had any issues like this with the H9. Kind of a bummer to upgrade your gear and then run into issues that were non-existent before.

tstern
      Eventide Staff

Sorry to hear you’re having issues.

If you email a photo of the bottom of the H90 (with the serial number sticker clear) and the front of the unit (while it’s stuck this way) to support@eventide.com, we’ll get you sorted out ASAP.

jezelman
      Participant

Just sent pictures. Thanks

jk68594
      Participant

Hello Eventide Team.  I’ve been using 2 H9s for about 10 years, and loved them!  Heard about H90 back around October ‘22 and knew I had to have it.  I’ve been using it for a couple months now and I’m noticing that it can be fairly unreliable; it will function fine in practice, then it suddenly stops working; all lights are on, but nobody’s home.  Signal still passes through the pedal just fine but with no effects on the signal when there should be.  When this happens, I have to unplug power to reboot, AND upon powering back up, re-teach the H90 to recognize/calibrate aux switches and expression pedal.  Been a significant departure from the rock solid and dependable performance of the H9s.

Possible power issue?  Currently powering my board with a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Mondo and H90 software is up to date.  Thanks for your help here.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry to hear you are having issues! If you have not yet, please contact support@eventide.com and we’ll get you sorted there.

kalixtus
      Participant

My H90 worked fine for two weeks. Now all the lights are on and nothing else happens (well the lights go off when pressing the buttons and back on when releasing). On first boot up today it said something like “no factory content found”. I’m using it’s own PSU. Audio passes through untouched. Does not connect to the app.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

My H90 worked fine for two weeks. Now all the lights are on and nothing else happens (well the lights go off when pressing the buttons and back on when releasing). On first boot up today it said something like “no factory content found”. I’m using it’s own PSU. Audio passes through untouched. Does not connect to the app.

Please boot your H90 into the Recovery Mode by powering it up while pressing and holding SELECT + PERFORM + QuickKnob 1. If you see the display shows “Recovery Mode”, connect your H90 to your computer and reinstall the latest firmware in H90 Control. This should fix the “no factory content found” issue.

However, if you keep seeing the “all the lights are on and nothing else”, you should email support@eventide.com with a picture or a short clip. We will help you out there.

kalixtus
      Participant

Thanks! This worked. Just that I couldn’t reinstall the firmware in existing H90 control but reinstalling the H90 control app itself made it possible to reinstall the firmware as well. Is that a sentence? I don’t know. I’m celebrating ’cause it’s my dog’s birthday and we just joined nato, Cheers 🙂

Dpettine16
      Participant

I’m having the same issue with Factory Content not found.

It started with the stuck in boot up mode that occasionally made it to a blank screen like the original issue, so followed the instructions of trying to update in recovery mode.

After doing the recovery, and updating firmware, trying all 3 available firmware’s, uninstalling and re-installing H90 control app, and updating firmware’s again it still can’t find any factory content.

Any additional suggestions? This just started today for me.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

If the software update (use the latest version) in the Recovery Mode cannot fix it, email support@eventide.com and we’ll help you there.

jayfreezzi
      Participant

Hello, recently purchased new h90 from musicians friend. This blank screen defect came on my unit right out the box.  First time powering up pedal with included power supply, all lights light on but screen is completely dark and blank. H90 app on computer doesn’t read that h90 is pluged in via usb.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

Have you tried the Recovery Mode mentioned above?

If you couldn’t boot into the Recovery Mode,  email support@eventide.com and we will help you out there.

jaeman
      Participant

I’m suffer from same this case

I already did it all (recovery mode)

sometimes, into the H90 Recovery but, just that’s all.

I can’t to do all things

tstern
        Eventide Staff

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues.

The best way to resolve this is to email support@eventide.com with the information described above.

jaeman
        Participant

Okay.

i send a email -!

LinkCCR23
      Participant

I am getting no effect on signal:/

bohan
        Eventide Staff

Please email support@eventide.com and write in detail. We’ll help you there as soon as we can.

LinkCCR23
      Participant

Lights on the back of the pedal aren’t lighting up

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.