H90 Tuner MIDI assignment

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Tuner MIDI assignment

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      gas hed
      Participant

Trying to figure out why I can’t “turn on” my tuner via my Morningstar.  I’ve set up the tuner in the H90 external control menu as shown below.  Sending message 0 doesn’t work.  Anything I should be aware of?  I have the H90 as MIDI channel 2 and the Morningstar program change is showing that as well.

TUNER

coirbidh_99
      Participant

You haven’t actually assigned the control – Control Source “off” means there’s no assignment for that parameter. Change the pull-down to MIDI and assign a CC number. Send value 127 to that CC on MIDI channel 2 to turn the tuner on/off.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Actually, your MIDI assignment is correct here. Under “Control Source” where it says Off that is referring to Aux switches and Exp pedals.

I believe this is an issue with your MIDI controller setup, can you confirm it is actually sending CC# 0 with a value of 64 or higher? You can use a MIDI monitor to confirm this.

I can turn the tuner on/off with CC #0 so it seems that the issue is somewhere in your setup. You can also turn on “Receive Omni” on the H90 and that will make it easier to troubleshoot if your controller is not using the correct MIDI channel.

coirbidh_99
        Participant

D’oh! That’s what I get for making logical suppositions about software I haven’t used extensively yet. Crawling back under my rock now….

gas hed
      Participant

Hmmm, this is troubling…I can’t seem to figure it out.  Here is my midi set up:

Midid

I tried using Control Change for Type as well as Program Change but no dice. 🙁

gas hed
      Participant

MIDI Monitor checks out.  Wondering if the H90 needs a specific “Type” of message to send to engage the tuner?

Midi Monitor

coirbidh_99
      Participant

Try sending CC 0 with a value of 127 and see if that works.

frankie138
      Participant

I have this working on my MC6, screenshot of settings attached.

Make sure the CC value is over 64 and position is set to ‘both’ (at least that has worked for me).

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      gas hed
      Participant

Ahhh, that worked frankie138 – thanks man!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.