H90 Volume Bump When Bypassed

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Volume Bump When Bypassed

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      nateboykin
      Participant

So- even when my H90 has the presets bypassed- when I put the pedal into the signal chain (via my Crocodile Tail Loop) my signal gets a significant volume boost. This still happens when there is nothing else in the signal chain except the H90. Is there a way to adjust this globally so I don’t have to adjust every preset individually?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

This does not sound like normal operation. Try putting two THRU utility algorithms on a Program. When you bypass the H90, there should not be any apparent drop or increase in volume. If you do experience that, I recommend conducting a factory reset. Before you do, back up your Programs to a list and record any system settings.

nateboykin
      Participant

K- factory reset did not resolve the issue. That is after setting both programs to the default Thru setting. Is there a general global input / output balance I should be adjusting?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

The only general input/output gain settings are instrument/line level operation. You can probably leave these at the default instrument level for your setup.

The Program and each Preset all have input/output gain levels, can you please make sure that these are all at 0 db? It can be easy to not realize that a Program gain level is boosted or cut.

Press the Parameters button a few times to see the different parameters for the Program and each Preset. Use the Select knob to scroll through the parameters until you’ve made sure that all of the input/output gains are at 0 db.

You should also make sure the mix of everything is set to 100%. A Mix level of 50% can have a perceived volume increase because it is the full volume of both the wet and dry signals.

If you try all of this and still find that there is a perceived volume increase, please try using just the H90 and an amp without the switcher and let me know if you experience the same thing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.