H90 wah…not auto wah

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 wah…not auto wah

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      badmoki
      Participant

Trying to get a classic wah using expression pedal…I’m somewhat close using the Q-wah but still not great…any suggestions?  Thanks

Bert Sleeckx
      Participant

No, wahs on H90 sound bad to me. Kemper comes closer tot a real Wah, and better controleable via Midi expr. Pedal.

Bottler
      Participant

Good day! I recently bought an H90. After some time, the device began to freeze when connecting the jack cable to any of the inputs and outputs. I tried reinstalling the old and new firmware. Now it costs 1.8.6.72. I did everything as written in this instruction https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.8.5/content/appendix/startup.html#factory-reset the problem was not solved.
      How to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Bottler
      Participant

Didn’t respond to email

Bert Sleeckx
      Participant

Hi Bottler,

Try support, (attachment)

If they don’t Respond, do it again.
      <p style=”text-align: center;”></p>

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      brock
      Participant

You can try Sculpt or CrushStation with little / no Drive.

Sculpt:  Filter Pre & Fiter Post to a select range of expression.  Minimize the Envelope Follower influence.

CrushStation:  Mids 100.  Sweep a select range of Mid Freq with the expression pedal.

Not sure if you’ve fully explored the Bass Wah or Vocal types in Q-Wah.  You can mold them into some more familiar tones. There are many ways in the H90 to achieve a wah sound – some “classic”; some well beyond that into uncharted territories.

badmoki
      Participant

Thanks Brock—I’ll try those as well as the reg Q-wah…ps, I’ve been loving your stuff over at Patch Storage, keep up the great work!

brock
      Participant

Appreciated, badmoki.  I find it hard to believe myself that I have at least as many Programs waiting to be uploaded to P/S as I have there already.  I find the H90 endlessly inspiring; time being the only limiting factor.

Back on topic: If you know of vintage Systech devices, this one below is intentionally harsh.  But it should give you a head start on CrushStation wahs:

Systech O-Drive

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.