H90 Wet/Dry/Input Level Blend Expression

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Wet/Dry/Input Level Blend Expression

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dknobler
      Participant

I am trying to come up with a system where I can use an expression pedal to control the level being sent into the pedal in conjunction with the volume of the dry signal – not necessarily just a Wet/Dry blend. For instance, I want to be able to have an expression pedal where the toe down setting is normal wet and as I move towards the heel position, the level of dry signal being fed into the effect is reduced, and the dry signal is increased, but wet signal stays consistent so that way any tails can linger and I can still hear my dry signal without having to reduce the mix to 0 (and thus losing the tails).

To put it another way, I want the expression pedal to control how much of my input signal is being sent into the effect without altering how much dry level comes out of the pedal.

Any ideas on how can I do that?

Thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

First, you can try setting the Program Mix to 50% so that dry signal is always present no matter what. Then map the Preset input gain to your expression pedal. This should control the level going into the effect but allow it to ring out when input gain is set to zero, for example. The wet effect(s) may need to be set to kill dry so as not to double up on dry paths.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

A variation on this is using a parallel routing and leaving one side free of any presets as your dry path and putting one or both presets on the other side. Same thing, map the expression pedal to the input gain of the first preset on the effects path. In this case the effects should be set to Kill dry so as not to double up on dry paths.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.