H90 with “air motion” controller

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 with “air motion” controller

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      badmoki
      Participant

Just saw this intriguing breath and motion controller and was hoping people had some ideas how to use this with the H90…Either I have to convert to expression control or maybe the midi implementation on the h90 is comprehensive enough?  Thanks/sorry my midi knowledge is pretty limited.

https://www.papritech.com/products/OITFkT9riJ5kDpa/

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

I’m not familiar with this controller, but the product features describe “Over 127 MIDI control change messages can be selected for each sensor.” You can map any effect parameter on the H90 to respond to whatever MIDI CC you like, so you should be able to customize the mappings on the controller and the H90 to work in many ways.

It looks like this controller only has a USB-A connection, so you would need some sort of host device to connect the controller to, and then output MIDI from there to the H90. You should be able to set this up by connecting both the controller and the H90 to your computer via USB, and then using a DAW or some other application to route the MIDI from the controller to the H90.

brock
      Participant

That is one very cool item.  Not many breath controllers are available any more, plus this one features accelerometers.  Like an SA HotHand, plus breath.  Funny how the MIDI spec still ‘reserves’ CC#2 as breath controller, but there are no limits with this device.

I’d say the sensitivity adjustments are going to be key here.  Breath controllers are (were) notoriously unpredictable with getting any kind of exacting values.  Add in a 4-way gyro.  The manual seems to have that well covered; sensitivity & offsets.  You can also limit the ranges over parameter control in the H90 itself, which I think will be quite useful here.

Fun looking device; not overly pricey.  On my Watch List.  Thanks.

badmoki
      Participant

As I’m a pedal steel player all my appendages are already in use (well ALMOST ALL lol) so I’mma jump on this and report back…thanks

brock
      Participant

Yeah, I switch between keys & guitar / bass, with a full pedalboard, plus another MIDI one.  So I feel ya’ there.  Wonder if that mouthpiece is replaceable (user, or otherwise)?  They tend to get pretty nasty, even with decent care.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.