H90 with Behringer FCB1010

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 with Behringer FCB1010

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      personalitytypeo
      Participant

Please pardon me if this has been asked before. I am not very bright, and I am trying to figure out how to map custom programs in the H90 to the Behringer FCB1010 pedals. I am coming from using a Pitchfactor with the FCB1010, which was a bit easier to program. I would be able to edit/save a preset on the Pitchfactor while already on the designated bank/switch I wanted to use for the preset on the FCB1010. Looking to do the same with the H90, where each switch goes to a pre-saved sound that I’ve created previously. Is there a similar, simple way to assign a custom program to a switch/bank on the FCB1010? I’ve read the manual, watched videos, and have been watching this thread for weeks hoping for a lightbulb to go off, but I can’t seem to wrap my head around it. Truly hoping that this pedal isn’t too complex for my pea brain. Would appreciate if anyone is able to simplify for me. Thanks!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Yes, the H90 will respond to Program Change messages from your MIDI controller and recall the Programs you make. For example, you could create 5 Programs on the H90 using slots 1-5 on a user list. Then when you send a Program Change 1-5 from your controller, you can load any of those Programs. There isn’t much configuration needed to accomplish this, it should be easy to setup with your FCB1010.

personalitytypeo
      Participant

Thanks for confirming that it’s possible. When I set MIDI to omni, I find that it automatically does allow some midi control from the FCB1010, but I am having trouble changing the assignments/mapping to be more useful for me. Would you be able to point me toward a resource reviewing the specific steps I would take? I also notice that there is about a half second delay from when the program is selected on the FCB1010 to when it actually changes on the H90. Is that normal? Is there a way to make it quicker? Thanks!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

If you are more specific about what you are trying to setup I can better help you. There is currently no way to change the H90’s PC mapping. If you send PC message #1, that will load Program 1 on the H90, if you send PC #2 that will load Program 2, etc.

Is your controller connected directly to the H90? I’m not experiencing a delay like that when sending the H90 PC messages.

Parameter mapping can be achieved from the Parameters Edit menu, you can do this easily using the Learn function: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.1.4/content/edit-modes/parameters.html#mapping

personalitytypeo
        Participant

Yes, the FCB1010 is connected directly to the H90. The lag time is quite frustrating, and prevents me from switching to another program in time with the music.

I currently use the Pitchfactor live, and am able to switch between different presets instantly with the FCB1010. Seems weird that there would be a delay with such a powerful new pedal like the H90. Do certain algorithms take longer to load than others or something?

I am also able to map each presets to exactly where I want it on the FCB1010. I’m gathering that you are saying there is no way to customize that. I just have to live with the programs being called by the switch that corresponds with their number in the playlist?

Thanks

brock
      Participant

I haven’t used my FCB1010 with the H90 yet, but here’s something that might be contributing to your lag time, and other issues:
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>Each switch on the FCB1010 is capable of sending a series of up to 5 Program Changes, 2 static CC values, a MIDI Note, and two variable CC values from the pedals (plus the 2 relays).  And each can be set to its own unique MIDI Channel.</p>
      And that is x10 switches (and the 10 banks of that).  Just a thought on the potential for clogging up the MIDI pipeline, and why Omni is working when your expected MIDI Channel isn’t.

Since you can’t currently MIDI Map the H90 Programs (like you can on the PitchFactor), you’ll have to reconfigure from the FCB1010 end.  The FCB is ridiculously difficult to program onboard, and it’s easy to get lost in the process.

There are a few free editors out there that will make life much easier.  Everything at a glance; no reboots with magic switch combinations.  I’ve used the ancient Ed Dixon one;  I haven’t tried the Mountain Systems editor.

Barring that, a free MIDI Monitor is indispensable.  There are those with readouts in decimal, but many are hexadecimal only, and a few feature both.  That will help narrow down what the FCB1010 may or may not be sending.

personalitytypeo
        Participant

Thanks so much for the response. Sounds like I could be sending to many messages to the H90 from the FCB. I will look into getting a MIDI monitor to see what the FCB is sending and figure out if I can streamline things.

personalitytypeo
      Participant

Just wanted to report back that I’ve turned off omni and continued testing the load speed with various programs, and I think the main issue is the H910 H949 algorithm. It seems to take a much longer time to load, which is a huge disappointment because the harmony effects are what I was most excited for. And it doesn’t matter if it is set to modern or H910. The only time an immediate switch to a new program occurs is when I switch to a blank preset in my playlist. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this? Again, I’m coming from using a Pitchfactor that works perfectly with the FCB1010 and loads presets immediately. Is that going to be possible with the H90, or did I make an investment in the wrong pedal?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for this information. We’ve found an issue where the H910 H949 algorithm will take longer to load and this will be fixed in the next update. If you’re only experiencing the slow load time with that algorithm, this will be fixed soon.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You can now update your H90’s software to 1.2.2. Please try this and let us know if it resolves your issue.

personalitytypeo
      Participant

There is still a significant delay when switching quickly between programs that use the H910 H949 algorithm, along with a momentary interruption in the audio signal. Are there any plans to address this in a future update?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Can you please confirm that you have updated your H90’s software to 1.2.2? This issue was addressed in this update.

Using the 1.2.2 software I cannot reproduce your issue. Programs that use the H910 H949 algorithm do not have a noticeably longer load time when loaded using the pedal’s footswitches or a MIDI controller, and I am never experiencing a gap in the audio.

If you are still experiencing issues once you have updated to the latest software, please let me know if there are any specific Programs you are noticing this issue with. I have tested this with the Factory Programs “Graduation” and “Dream Sequence” along with some other Programs I created.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.