H90 with HX Stomp

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 with HX Stomp

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      philh0954
      Participant

Haven’t yet received my H90 but was wondering if putting an HX Stomp as an stereo insert into the H90 in order to use the HX Stomps amps, cabs etc.would work. I’d come out of the H90 into either 2 amps or into my audio interface for studio work. Any thought? Thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes, it is possible.

ajh21_48
      Participant

I have this set up and the way I have it done – just the outputs 1,2 of the h90 into the line in of the stomp – does mean that the amp/cabs I’ve tried have resulted in a mono signal. Probably because the IRs are mono. It’s possible I could run matched processing on the LR signal chain on the stomp but I haven’t tried this yet. I assume the same issue is present in theory when using an insert but suppose if you’re inserting the stomp before the h90, this is a mute point.

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

I have this set up and the way I have it done – just the outputs 1,2 of the h90 into the line in of the stomp – does mean that the amp/cabs I’ve tried have resulted in a mono signal. Probably because the IRs are mono.

The HX Stomp’s signal path is stereo, however, if you feed that signal into a mono block, then both channels of audio are combined and sent out of the block as mono. IRs don’t decide if your signal is mono or stereo, but the amp/cab you choose does. Make sure you use a stereo version to preserve the imaging.

I assume the same issue is present in theory when using an insert but suppose if you’re inserting the stomp before the h90, this is a mute point.

That is correct.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.