H9000: -24dB maximum gain reduction in expression pedal mapping?

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000: -24dB maximum gain reduction in expression pedal mapping?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

Why is there a -24dB lower limit on the gain reduction that can be applied to the output of a module? I want to use one expression pedal as a volume master pedal, but with a high headroom guitar amp, -24dB is still very audible, so essentially, I cannot lower the volume to zero. I don’t know if I am doing somehting wrong or else, but this is a problem.

Please let me know.

PH

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:

Why is there a -24dB lower limit on the gain reduction that can be applied to the output of a module? I want to use one expression pedal as a volume master pedal, but with a high headroom guitar amp, -24dB is still very audible, so essentially, I cannot lower the volume to zero. I don't know if I am doing somehting wrong or else, but this is a problem.

Please let me know.

We intended these controls for level matching and just didn't anticipate this usage of them as volume controls.  I can't think of any reason not to extend the range so they go all the way to silence though, and we can add this in a software update.

rvickers
      Participant
      J20056 wrote:

Why is there a -24dB lower limit on the gain reduction that can be applied to the output of a module? I want to use one expression pedal as a volume master pedal, but with a high headroom guitar amp, -24dB is still very audible, so essentially, I cannot lower the volume to zero. I don’t know if I am doing somehting wrong or else, but this is a problem.

Please let me know.

PH

well, now you can use your SBGL.  I do.  :-). Cool that they would add to the H9K though.

J20056
      Participant

Indeed.

@eventide: The gain control to -Inf instead of -24dB is no longer a priority for me as I went back to using my SwitchBlade GL which gives me full volume control of each virtual cable. if you have no other need for it, then do not worry about it on my behalf. What I care about the most now is the ability to use Scenes via MIDI PC changes. I’m good on everything else as I am going to loop ADAT to connect FX Chains. Another pet peeve of mine is the inabilty to do direct connections in FX Chains (not in the Direct Connection area). Seems that the only way is to insert a Thru module that consumes 1 out of 4 modules. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.