h9000 algorithm with multiple delay taps through their own resonant filters?

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development h9000 algorithm with multiple delay taps through their own resonant filters?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      taylor12k
      Participant

as the subject says.. is there any multitap delay algorithm that sends each tap through it’s own resonant filter?

(if not.. anyone want to try to make one??) 🙂

John Baylies
      Participant

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s one already. This is one way to search for that sort of thing: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/search.html?q=multitap

You could also try sending an octal delay through an octal filter, like so:

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 7.33.15 PM

taylor12k
      Participant

thanks.. yeah… i’ll have a look around the “delays/effected” group…

interesting on that OCTAL setup… are those algorithms, the 8-channel ones? or somehow custom made?

John Baylies
      Participant

Those are factory algorithms: Chorusdelays 8ch, Eight Filters.

studionebula
      Participant

as the subject says.. is there any multitap delay algorithm that sends each tap through it’s own resonant filter?

There are several algorithms with delays in parallel, each with its own filter, but I’m not sure about a multitap arrangement.

We should talk. I know some of your work and you may at least know of some of mine. (We have acquaintances in common.) I also happen to be very fond of building delay effects. Sometimes I even find time to use them. I’d be up for a collaboration if you’re interested.

taylor12k
      Participant

what is your name/artist name?

i had some minor success last night stringing together those 8-ch algorithms above.. but need to do more tweaking…

We should talk. I know some of your work and you may at least know of some of mine. (We have acquaintances in common.) I also happen to be very fond of building delay effects. Sometimes I even find time to use them. I’d be up for a collaboration if you’re interested.

There are several algorithms with delays in parallel, each with its own filter, but I’m not sure about a multitap arrangement.

studionebula
        Participant

Hah, sorry, I thought that my name would be visible via my forum icon, but seemingly that’s not the case on this system. Adam Schabtach, co-owner and DSP guy of Audio Damage, Inc.

studionebula
      Participant

Actually if you search in eMote or on the H9000 itself for “band taps” or “band delays” (also try same searches without the space) you’ll find a plethora of multiple delay/filter combos. If I understand Eventide history correctly, many of them date back to the H3000. There are some gems in there.

Puppeteer
      Participant

Just dropping a comment in this thread as well, as there are different people here than in the thread in Rackmount.

I’ve built one with tone control in the feedback loop, and have just made one with a parametric band in the feedback loop.

They are available here – https://godlike.com.au/index.php?id=420

I’m interested in collaborations with anyone to build new stuff.  I’m going to have a look to see if I can replace the delay modules in this algorithm with mod delay, micro delay or ramp delay to make smooth delay time changes, as some people seem to want this functionality. Probably more for the guitar folks than the synth folks, but it should also smooth out glitches when clocked delays are changed as well.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.