H910 questions

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H910 questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      flewbr

Hi

Is anybody using the H910 plugin on Cubase 6 with or without any problems?

Also, if I download the H910 Demo do I have to reinstall it when I upgrade to the licensed version?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Rick

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Rick-

While I can't say for sure if it will work smoothly (we only support Cubase 7/8 officially), I think you'll likely be fine as long as you operating system is above what we support (OSX 10.7 and Windows 7). I'd download the demo and try it out – you don't need to reinstall if you were to upgrade to a licensed version, we'd just swap your demo license for a perpetual one.

Best,

Tom

flewbr

Thanks Tom

I realised later, after the posting, that I should have said that I was on Windows 7/64.

Good to know about the demo. I hope I can find the time to check it out before the sale ends.

Thanks again,  Rick

flewbr

Hi Tom

It seems I’ve hit a snag on installation. First off let me say that it would be a big job to get my daw onto the internet and would prefer not to do so and I can’t seem to figure this out.

My internet comp. is Vista 32 bit.  My daw is Windows 7/64 bit running Cubase 6/64 bit. 

I have the H910 license that I can transfer to the iLok 32 bit license on the internet machine but that won’t work when moving it to the 64 bit daw… and cannot open the 64 bit iLok license on the 32 bit internet machine for transfer that way.

Wondering if there is a way around this or is that just how it goes.

I’ve given up in the past  trying to use this type of copy protection but this is one plugin I would like to get, so if there is a way around this please let me know.

I belong to the older analog guys group and find some of this stuff, almost painstaking.

Thanks,  Rick

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi Rick-

If your DAW computer isn't connected to the internet, then you'll need a hardware iLok dongle to put the H910 license on. It sounds like you have an iLok dongle, is that correct? If so, just put the license on the iLok in iLok License Manager on your internet computer, and then plug the iLok into the DAW computer.

The license shouldn't care if your computer is 32 or 64 bit. As long as you install the 64-bit version of H910 on your DAW computer, you should be fine.

Best,

Tom

flewbr

Ok, thanks.

Looks like I may be missing another deal because of this ilok thing. I don’t have a hardware dongle because I thought you could just transfer the license manager with a usb stick but the 64 bit manager won’t open on my 32 bit machine so I can load the license and when I take the 32 bit license mangager, with the license, to the 64 bit daw machine it says it’s incompatible and won’t open.

I’ll have to figure out what to do I guess. I know you’re trying to protect against the piracy deal and all of that, but it sure would be nice if there was an easier way to get these products without jumping through so many hoops. I know 2 others like me that don’t want to bother with ilok so there must be a lot of people that would jump right on this type of thing if it was challenge/response or something.

I’ll see what I can do but I won’t get a dongle here in time to catch the sale so I’ll be looking for a similar plugin I guess.

Thanks for all of your help.

Rick

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi Rick-

I understand the hassle of iLok, but unfortunately writing effective copy-protection takes quite a bit of time. Using iLok for our copy-protection frees up a lot of development time for a small team like us to make cool things.

The H910 promo was just extended until the end of August, should you want to take the plunge with the iLok dongle.

Best,

Tom

flewbr

Hi Tom

Wish I had seen this earlier. Had I known you were going to extend the sale I wouldn’t have got something else. Still, might make an attempt to get the H910 anyway but with music paying as little as it does these days, one has to watch the purchases.

Thanks again,  Rick

neilwilkes
      Participant

Hi Rick.

Whilst I totally understand your reluctance to have the DAW internet enabled it is perfectly safe to have this allowed just for licenses – this is how I have been running since the DAW was delivered (XI-Machines do a great job) and all I ever go online for are licenses and/or dongle software updates.

As far as the iLOK goes, it really is perfectly safe. I know there was an issue not that long ago with an update that basically broke everything but since then it has been plain sailing all the way. I am running an iLOK2, a regular iLOK (the license on it simply does not work if transferred to an iLOK2), a Steinberg eLicenser & 3 Rainbow dongles on a powered hub. I never, ever run Windows Update & all automatic stuff like that is disabled. I have honestly never had an issue with the iLOK2 myself though.

mat herbert
      Participant

Yup! iLok 2 has been pretty much stable since a few months after the licence manager ap was launched….

It WAS a bit of a nightmare when it was internet browser based but as neilwilkes says……… cool

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.