H949 completely unresponsive

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H949 completely unresponsive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      maddogprod
      Participant

Tonight I added the H949 to a track and there are no presets available. In fact, I can’t change anything. It’s completely unresponsive. I checked and the iLok license is in place. I use Reaper and I removed the fx, shut it down, restarted. Several times. No luck.

How do I get this working again like it used to?

THANKS

whaevz
      Participant
      maddogprod wrote:

Tonight I added the H949 to a track and there are no presets available. In fact, I can’t change anything. It’s completely unresponsive. I checked and the iLok license is in place. I use Reaper and I removed the fx, shut it down, restarted. Several times. No luck.

How do I get this working again like it used to?

THANKS

I can change the knob values, but they don’t seem to affect the sound at all. No presets also. Using the same DAW.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, sorry to hear about the issues.

First, please let us know what OS, Reaper version, H949 version, and plugin format you are using. Please also confirm you are using the latest H949 (3.9.8) from our website, and the latest iLok License Manager from http://www.ilok.com.

For presets – are you looking in the H949's preset bar, or in REAPER's menu bar? The presets are in the custom H949 Preset bar. You could also check C:Users<username>DocumentsEventideH949 Harmonizer (Windows) or ~/Music/Eventide/H949 Harmonizer (macOS) to see if the preset files exist there.

As far as the plugin being unresponsive – can you interact with the UI at all, or is everything frozen? (I.e. is at an audio issue or UI and audio issue?)

It sounds like you had a previous version that was working – any idea what that version might have been?

maddogprod
      Participant

Well guess what, I opened Reaper just now and it’s working fine when I add the H949 plugin. I wonder what was going on last night. I did close Reaper and re-open it but maybe I should have rebooted too.

In case you’re interested, Reaper is v6.34, the latest. win64 rev088b98. The harmonizer was working, the UI was unresponsive. Nothing would change, no presets, completely unresponsive UI.

But it’s good now so I guess I’ll let you know if it re-occurs.

THANKS@

tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi, sorry to hear about the issues.

First, please let us know what OS, Reaper version, H949 version, and plugin format you are using. Please also confirm you are using the latest H949 (3.9.8) from our website, and the latest iLok License Manager from http://www.ilok.com.

For presets – are you looking in the H949’s preset bar, or in REAPER’s menu bar? The presets are in the custom H949 Preset bar. You could also check C:Users<username>DocumentsEventideH949 Harmonizer (Windows) or ~/Music/Eventide/H949 Harmonizer (macOS) to see if the preset files exist there.

As far as the plugin being unresponsive – can you interact with the UI at all, or is everything frozen? (I.e. is at an audio issue or UI and audio issue?)

It sounds like you had a previous version that was working – any idea what that version might have been?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

maddogprod – glad to hear you got it working!

whaevz – I see on the other thread you're using VST3. Does the unresponsive issue also occur in VST2?

whaevz
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

maddogprod – glad to hear you got it working!

whaevz – I see on the other thread you’re using VST3. Does the unresponsive issue also occur in VST2?

Hey tlongabaugh! I just received the presets from the support team and I tried running it again and now everything works! I don’t know what happened, I remember trying out different knob settings because I didn’t have the presets, but nothing changed. Now it’s all good, works like a  charm! Apparently, Reaper doesn’t even show you VST2 if it has a VST3 with the same name, or so I have read, so I couldn’t even try it out because I hadn’t renamed it. I hope the bug won’t happen again. Thank you for the feedback!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Ok great, glad to hear you're up and running!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.