H9Max for previous Max owner…

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9Max for previous Max owner…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      EnchiladaJones
      Participant

I have owned an original H9 that I had turned into a Max when the Max program was introduced. I sold it and the Core that I used to have.

Now I have another Core and am thinking of getting a Max. I understand I cant use the purchased algorythms I have in my account to Max out my new Core so I’m wondering what is the best way to get another Max and be able to use it to ‘Max’ my Core.

Should i get a Max and start a new Eventide account to register the Max? If so will I be able to transfer the Core I now have from my old account to the new one?

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant
      EnchiladaJones wrote:

Should i get a Max and start a new Eventide account to register the Max? If so will I be able to transfer the Core I now have from my old account to the new one?

If you buy an H9 that's already a Max, you don't need to start a new Eventide account.  You can register it to the same account that you're currently using and you will still be able to use all of the Max's algorithms on your Core.

The only case where you'd need to create a new account would be if you wanted to turn your current Core into a Max by making algorithm purchases.

kevmken

I bought a used H9 Max recently. I opened an Eventide account and registered it… all smooth. In my acoount, it shows my equipment is ‘H9 Max w/Wireless Control via iOS’ with the serial # of the unit. In my reading here, it seems I’m now the owner of all the algos on this unit and I can update FW and not worry about losing any capability. I have no idea if this was purchased as a Max or Max’d Out. My understanding is that it doesn’t matter how your Max got Max’d… it’s just a Max from then on…. 

Q: are my assumptions correct? Can I upgade the unit FW and restore full Max capability? I don’t see anything in my account about algos I own, only the label noted above.

Q: I’m curious, since Max status sticks to the unit, not the account, if you Max Out a lesser unit, you obviously don’t want to sell it if you have any plans to use an H9 ever again. You essentially would lose your investment in algos,,, unless you sold it for the price of a Core + Max Out. Is that correct?

Thx for your help….

KK

gkellum
        Participant
        kevmken wrote:

Q: are my assumptions correct? Can I upgade the unit FW and restore full Max capability? I don't see anything in my account about algos I own, only the label noted above.

By FW I'm assuming you mean firmware.  Yes, you shouldn't have any trouble after upgrading the firmware.  Your H9 should stay a Max after the upgrade.

kevmken wrote:

Q: I'm curious, since Max status sticks to the unit, not the account, if you Max Out a lesser unit, you obviously don't want to sell it if you have any plans to use an H9 ever again. You essentially would lose your investment in algos,,, unless you sold it for the price of a Core + Max Out. Is that correct?

Yes, if I maxed out a Core, I wouldn't sell it for less than the going price of an H9 Max.  We've done a couple of promotions where people could max out an H9 for the same cost in algorithms as the difference between a core or standard and a max.  If you max out an H9 outside of a promotion though, you'll end up paying more in total for the device plus the algorithms than you would have if you just bought a Max.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.